Source for Clasp

Old October 22nd 03, 04:21 PM
Laurie

Default Source for Clasp

Hi, Can you all help a newbie? I'm a professional lampworker and fun-time
beader with a serious jewelry question.

I have a problem. My grandmother's champagne pearl necklace needs reknotting
and I want to have it done professionally by a friend of mine who doesn't stock
findings. There's a box clasp, that has come loose on one side. I very
carefully made sure that the small end of the clasp was secure in the box side
and now it isn't.

It's platinum and I don't want to buy the whole thing. Is there a source for
just the hook side?

The Use of Foul Language in Written Communication: The Tiny Rumblings of the
Ineffectual and Stunted Thinker. The Inability to Think Beyond The Obivious and
The Crude. ~~~Henry A. Byrne
Old October 23rd 03, 07:38 AM
C Ryman

I wonder why it doesn't work now, is it bent? Could it be fixed by a
jeweler?

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old October 24th 03, 04:17 AM
Laurie

I wonder why it doesn't work now, is it bent? Could it be fixed by a
jeweler?

It fell out...or got fiddled with by the grandchildren. It was in perfect
shape. (sigh...)

Old October 24th 03, 04:17 AM
Laurie

Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Lovely website...I've bookmarked it for later!

Old October 24th 03, 09:26 AM
C Ryman

Thanks, it's a co-op website.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old October 24th 03, 09:26 AM
ted.frater

These little clasps can be "re sprung" to make them work again.
Find a competent jeweller and hell be able to fix it while you wait.
Dont go to a multiple or mall type place.
A little tap with a hammer is all it needs to stretch the inside of the
curved end this will open up the open end and make the catch work.
Simple really if you know how.
Old October 25th 03, 05:13 PM
Laurie

You all are a nice bunch of folks. Thank you for the advice.

Should you ever need any lampwork beads, let me know.

Source for glass cylinder? Bert Glass 8 July 17th 12 06:00 PM
Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
headpin source? Carla Beads 4 October 12th 04 06:09 PM
coconut fibre source? ms. brookes Jewelry 1 July 26th 03 06:34 PM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM