Happy Dance!!!

Old February 25th 12, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default Happy Dance!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/?saved=1 Yay! Done in time for the first Sunday of Lent. Two months of work came together finally last night with the last bit of hand stitching (the hanging sleeve). I'm so glad to be finished. Next week, I'm going to clean my floors, dust and maybe even clean the bathroom if I get totally crazy!

Sunny
Old February 25th 12, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh! How gorgeous!

Ginger in CA

Old February 25th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

That is absolutely beautiful Sunny. I love everything about it. What
an aid to prayerful thought.
..
In message
25009011.0.1330204816028.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbjl1, Sunny
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old February 25th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

Hooray for you! That is an inspiring piece.

Mary

Old February 26th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

It is absolutely LOVELY!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old February 26th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Sunny, that is absolutely gorgeous. What wonderful work. Finished is a
really good thing and so
many folks will be able to enjoy it. Great job!
Taria

Old February 26th 12, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Thanks everybody for the kind and encouraging words. I hung the banner this morning, just before the chapel service at 8 a.m. Several people were quite complimentary, but I have gotten the distinct impression that the pastor just couldn't care less. Well, didn't do it for her. Anyhow, I learned so very much from each of the banners -- amazing really what you learn in the course of any project. Maybe it's just that my brain leaks and I have to relearn it all over again each time and just don't remember having learned it before. Nevertheless, I have had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to hanging my four banners at the guild quilt show this fall.

Sunny
(and yes, finished is a really good thing -- definitely better than perfect)
Old February 27th 12, 05:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

It's hard to understand people who don't appreciate the difference in 'made
with love' and 'imported'. But as you say, you didn't make it for her.
Polly

Old February 27th 12, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Magnificent! Especially that celtic cross. I'd love to see your
banners lined up next to each other...
Roberta in D