how to get burnt vliesofix off my material

Old August 17th 10, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nursey

Default how to get burnt vliesofix off my material

I was doing some applique and must have got some of the glue webbing
stuck on my iron. When I ironed on the next applique I got a big black
mark on my backing fabric. How do I get it off?
Old August 17th 10, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I see your question sitting here for about an hour and I am no authority but
first I would try the most gentle, harmless solution. Pour some plain old
rubbing alcohol on a scrap of cotton and give your black mark a kindly
scrub. Give the alcohol time to meddle with the chemistry of the goo and
swipe gently. Polly

Old August 17th 10, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

nursey wrote:
I was doing some applique and must have got some of the glue webbing
stuck on my iron. When I ironed on the next applique I got a big black
mark on my backing fabric. How do I get it off?

Magic Eraser is good for cleaning irons. Someone in my guild used it
for getting rid of the gooey stuff from fusible interface - should work
for you too.

For your fabric....hmmmm not so sure.

Allison
Old August 17th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

I'm not suggesting - I'm asking. Would something like Goo-Gone work?

"nursey" wrote in message

I was doing some applique and must have got some of the glue webbing
stuck on my iron. When I ironed on the next applique I got a big black
mark on my backing fabric. How do I get it off?- Hide quoted text -

Old August 17th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Careful here, y'all. I think the question was how to get the gummy black
mark off of the backing fabric. That goo-gone stuff is oily/smelly. That
would be a last resort. Well, scissors would be the very last. DD melted
the poodle on a 50's skirt long ago. Don't even ask. Polly

"Allison" wrote in message
.com...

Old August 17th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati, in Phx

It depends on how "thick" the mark is.
If the mark is sort of thick and sitting on top of the fabric you
might be able to scrape it off. Use an old credit card (or similar
expired card) and gently, but firmly try to scrape it off.
Next step would be stain removers.
However, unfortunately, you may not be able to remove the mark. It may
be time to get creative and add another applique bit to cover it.
Sorry,

Pati, in Phx

Old August 19th 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I think I would choose that exact spot as the location for the quilt
label. If the spot is big, I'd make a nice, big, wordy label -- maybe
with a cute applique or crayon-colored design.

Sunny

Can you help please - looking for material ???????? DiMa Quilting 0 September 9th 08 08:10 AM
Wood burnt Dollhouse Blocks Sherlock Doll Houses 0 May 9th 08 05:38 AM
vliesofix melinda Quilting 6 July 22nd 05 10:03 PM
burnt sculpey!!! Metis Artist Polymer Clay 1 June 25th 04 06:07 PM
Burnt Out Harry Beads 5 March 19th 04 07:24 AM