Necklace end problem.

Old May 3rd 05, 12:59 AM
Victoria \Lee\ Hirt

Shirley,

The #E-020 on page http://www.vickijean.com/earrings.html reminded me
of a bicycle when I first glanced at it. A cute pendant could be made
out of the two "wheels" and some added wire work.

Lee

On Mon, 2 May 2005 21:28:29 +0100, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Thanks Roxan.
I have managed to sort it.
I got two filigree gold beads. Using a needle I managed to fold part of
the bead back. I put a head pin through one hole and made a loop. The
other end I had folded back I made a tiny slit to the hole. I then
popped my big bead inside and put the thread through the slit which I
closed up. Then I pushed the piece I had folded back into place. So I
have got a filigree ball hiding the big bead which was not very pretty
anyway.

The pendant part was in my BFNR parcel. I have no idea who it came from
but maybe Valerie. The seed beads were a gift from Su at Cutworks. They
compliment the pendant very well.

To see it and the ends before and after you can see it on

http://www.vickijean.com/shirley_shone.html

Shirley

In message , roxan
writes
Shirley,
You don't have to redo the whole thing. Go back and weave a new thread down
from the end, then go through the bead that is too big and add a few smaller
beads that will fit your calotte then finish off as normal.
Roxan
"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Thanks for your input Lee but since I had already cut the thread I had
nothing to play with. I had visions of restarting.
However I have come up with a solution which I will post when I get some
pictures up.
Shirley

In message , Victoria Hirt
writes
Shirley,

Would fingernail polish remover on a Q-Tip help? That's my only
suggestion since most of what you said was in Greek ;-) Maybe next
year I will understand what you said. LOL!

Lee

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:40:47 +0100, Shirley Shone
wrote:

I have just finished a spiral rope for one of my BFNR projects.

At the ends of the spiral I tied a bead so I could attach a calotte to
it. I fastened it securely dabbed it with clear nail polish and cut the
thread when it dried.
Alas I find my calottes are not large enough to wrap round the bead.
The bead is a size 5.

I thought I could bead around it to make a feature of it but I have
already made several passes of thread and with the nail polish cannot
get the needle through.

I have looked at some sites in Uk but none seem to have any larger sizes
of calottes. I need gold coloured ones
Anyone out there who can suggest a way round my problem?
Shirley

--
Shirley Shone

Old May 3rd 05, 06:36 AM
Shirley Shone

Yes you could. Vicki does some wonderful things.
It is also very good of her to host a page for me to show off my things.

I am doing a computer course and studying "Front Page" with a view to
setting up my own site. At class last week I got myself in such a muddle
that I had to ask the tutor to clear my workspace and start it again. He
keeps telling me to take my time it is not a race. LOL
Shirley

In message , "Victoria
\"Lee\" Hirt" writes

wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old May 3rd 05, 11:21 AM
Victoria \Lee\ Hirt

On Tue, 3 May 2005 06:36:34 +0100, Shirley Shone
wrote:

Yes you could. Vicki does some wonderful things.
It is also very good of her to host a page for me to show off my things.

I am doing a computer course and studying "Front Page" with a view to
setting up my own site. At class last week I got myself in such a muddle
that I had to ask the tutor to clear my workspace and start it again. He
keeps telling me to take my time it is not a race. LOL
Shirley

Well, now you are talking about something I can help you with! I have
been a Webmaster for 10 years. I was the Webmaster for my ISP, the
Indiana Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society, our County library
system (and also their digital archivist), and for private clients.

I have used FrontPage for years at my client's request. If you need
help let me know. I'd be glad to help you with your new Web site.

Lee

wrote:

[...]

. ..

Old May 3rd 05, 11:26 AM
Victoria \Lee\ Hirt

Shirley,

Forgot to tell you yesterday how beautiful I thought your necklace
was! How did you make a big rope like that? Is it a certain stitch?

Old May 3rd 05, 12:13 PM
Shirley Shone

There is a tutorial for it on
Http://beadwork.about.com

hope that works

wrote:

I have just finished a spiral rope for one of my BFNR projects.

At the ends of the spiral I tied a bead so I could attach a calotte to
it. I fastened it securely dabbed it with clear nail polish and cut the
thread when it dried.
Alas I find my calottes are not large enough to wrap round the bead.
The bead is a size 5.

I thought I could bead around it to make a feature of it but I have
already made several passes of thread and with the nail polish cannot
get the needle through.

I have looked at some sites in Uk but none seem to have any larger sizes
of calottes. I need gold coloured ones
Anyone out there who can suggest a way round my problem?
Shirley

--
Shirley Shone

--
Shirley Shone

Soldering a silver braid necklace? DaveC Jewelry 12 April 23rd 05 02:57 AM
Novelty Yarn Necklace Gina Beirne Yarn 0 November 22nd 04 10:12 PM
new cat necklace Beadbimbo Beads 11 December 25th 03 04:06 AM
new sunflower necklace (links) Beadbimbo Beads 10 August 18th 03 01:47 PM
My Kandice bead necklace Carol in SLC Beads 11 July 23rd 03 02:20 AM