AD- SPIglass ~Auctions ending & now accepting MC/Visa~

Old April 28th 05, 07:38 PM
Paulette Insall

Default AD- SPIglass ~Auctions ending & now accepting MC/Visa~

Everyone must be low on cash this week...so am I. LOL! So, if you see
something you love but don't have the cash right now, you can wait 'til next
week to send payment. Just let me know. I'm such an enabler, aren't I? *hee,
hee* Oh, and I take credit cards now too.

These end at 8:20pm Pacific Time tonight. Get 'em while you can!

~Inspired Tab Focal~
Such a nice large tab focal whose shapes calls to mind a Japanese lantern.
As you may know if you've been visiting my auctions lately, I've been really
inspired by Japanese artwork recently. I'm in love with the minimalist
nature. -- This focal has shades of black and ivory with a twisted cane in
black and white with raised ruby red dots.

~Space Paisley Set~
It's been a bit since I offered one of my "Space Paisley" series. Hope you
like the latest installment. It's absolutely stunning in person!!!--An
opal yellow core covered with fine silver with twisted cane and raised clear
dots.

~Citrus Crush Tab Focal~
I love the subtle differences between the shades of tangerine and sunflower
yellow paired with the contrast of the black in this beautiful tab shaped
bead. A very juicy focal!!!

Paulette
SPIglass Studio ~ miniature works of art in glass
www.spiglass-studio.com

My eBay auctions ~ eBay ID: flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/spiglass-lampwork

My web journal
http://www.spiglass-studio.com/journal.htm

Old April 30th 05, 01:53 AM
Kalera Stratton

Paulette, I was thinking... even though I absolutely adore your close-up
thumbnails (they look like tiny little abstract paintings - gorgeous!)
I think you might draw more customers in if the thumbnail showed the
whole bead, or a few beads, in the case of the sets. Especially as you
list more auctions at a time, it gives people the incentive to go for a
closer look if they can tell at a glance that it's a shape they
generally like, or has an overall look that invites closer investigation.

Just a thought!

Paulette Insall wrote:
[...]

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 30th 05, 05:57 AM
Paulette Insall

Thanks for the suggestion. I've actually got that one before from one of my
customers. I tried it for a while and my views and bids actually went down.
As soon as I went back to doing the closeups, my bids and views went back
up. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or what. When I list sets, I've
been showing a close up of a couple of the beads and I will most likely
continue that, but with my focals I seem to get more interest when I do the
extreme closeup. Thanks again for the suggestion though.

--
Paulette
SPIglass Studio ~ miniature works of art in glass
www.spiglass-studio.com

My eBay auctions ~ eBay ID: flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/spiglass-lampwork

My web journal
http://www.spiglass-studio.com/journal.htm

news

Old May 2nd 05, 02:30 PM
Victoria Hirt

I really liked that you put a quarter there so people would know the
size at a glance. Beautiful bead. Someday I hope to be at a skill
level to buy a focal bead and do it justice. But right now I am just
working my way through the basics.

Old May 2nd 05, 02:45 PM
Paulette Insall

"Victoria Hirt" wrote
I really liked that you put a quarter there so people would know the
size at a glance. Beautiful bead. Someday I hope to be at a skill
level to buy a focal bead and do it justice. But right now I am just
working my way through the basics.

Hi Victoria. Thanks so much for the compliment! I actually put a dime with
my focals. I like putting in a coin instead of a ruler because I feel the
ruler detracts too much from the bead.

You know, you can always buy the beads to admire until you feel comfortable
working them into one of your pieces.

Old May 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
Victoria \Lee\ Hirt

Good Morning (or whatever :-), Paulette,

I like the idea of using money because everyone knows the size of it
automatically and can find a quarter.

I also like your idea of buying beads I like now, but I did that with
fabric and quilting. Found out I liked buying fabric much more than I
liked quilting! Since I have a house full of fabric that I am slowly
using, buying beads for the future may be a bit much! Especially for
my dear husband.

The pack rat & shopaholic!
Lee (People always call me "Lee" which is my middle name.)

"Victoria Hirt" wrote