Checking in and glass class report.

Old August 16th 03, 10:19 PM
KDK

Default Checking in and glass class report.

Hey all,

I'm back from my class in glass bead making (sigh) and I think I maybe
hooked (and it's all y'alls fault! - I didn't even know what lampwork was
until I started reading RCB!!!!) I fully intended to take the class and not
buy any materials- hahahahahhahaha. So I came home with a hot head (what we
used in class - I can always upgrade later), mandrels, bead release and a
bunch of glass. I've already been on line checking out glass suppliers etc.
And now I really have motivation to get the basement organized so I can get
the glass stuff set up. I'll put up some pics of my uh-hem "better" beads
on my webshots later today.

We did enamel beads the first day - I also liked that. By doing that we got
to practice the movements for lampwork, but with an easier medium. We used
propane for the enamel beads (cheap gas!!) but I'll need a different torch
to make enamel beads with.

And other lampworkers be warned- I now have lots of questions!

Monday I'm off to Wildacres for a week to lean more about PMC - and I found
out it's a certification class. I'm taking my broken beads from glass class
with me to add to PMC pieces.

And now I'll begin the task of catching up on posts!!!!

Kathy K

Old August 16th 03, 10:38 PM
Deirdre S.

Yeah! This is one place where "Lead us into temptation..." is
preferable to the other version.

Sounds like you had a blast, and are ready to play with fire.

Deirdre

Old August 17th 03, 12:45 AM
KDK

Oh wait did I mention I also bought some swarovski crystals during the
"tailgating" night ????

Kathy K
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:19:28 -0400, KDK wrote
(in message ):

I'm back from my class in glass bead making (sigh) and I think I maybe
hooked (and it's all y'alls fault! - I didn't even know what lampwork

was
until I started reading RCB!!!!) I fully intended to take the class and

not
buy any materials- hahahahahhahaha.

Okay, who else didn't make it any further before rolling on the floor,
guffawing in disbelief?

Come home without buying stuff -- yeah. right.

hahahahahahaha!

Kathy N-V, off to read the rest of the post.

Old August 17th 03, 12:50 AM
KDK

well I meant not buying lampworking materials. but still -
hahahahahhahahahahahaha

Glad to be so entertaining!

Kathy K

.com...

Old August 17th 03, 02:08 AM
Mary Rurup

I'm back from my class in glass bead making (sigh) and I think I maybe
hooked (and it's all y'alls fault! - I didn't even know what lampwork

was
until I started reading RCB!!!!) I fully intended to take the class and

not
buy any materials- hahahahahhahaha.

Okay, who else didn't make it any further before rolling on the floor,
guffawing in disbelief?

Come home without buying stuff -- yeah. right.

hahahahahahaha!

Kathy N-V, off to read the rest of the post.

I believed her. Honest I did! My invisible friend George told me that she
was telling the truth!

Now I am going to go write my letter to Santa Claus now!

Mary

Old August 17th 03, 06:53 AM
Dr. Sooz

I fully intended to take the class and not
buy any materials- hahahahahhahaha. So I came home with a hot head (what we

used in class - I can always upgrade later), mandrels, bead release and a bunch
of glass. I've already been on line checking out glass suppliers etc.

LAMPWORKING SUPPLIERS, etc.

Arrow Springs
http://www.arrowsprings.com/
~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
I'm not a hamster, and life's not a wheel. --Sooz
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old August 17th 03, 07:01 AM
Dr. Sooz

Sorry, postus interruptus struck.

More LAMPWORKING SUPPLIERS Etc.

Aura Lens
http://www.auralens.com/

The Bullseye Connection Resource Center
http://www.bullseyeconnection.com/

C&R Loo, Inc.
http://www.crloo.com/

Carlisle Machine Works, Inc.
http://www.carlislemachine.com/

Centre DeVerre LLC
http://www.cdvkiln.com/

Check Glass
http://checkglass.com/

Davis, Heather: lampwork glass supplies
http://www.itsmysite.com/blissfulgardenbeads/

Dimensions in Art Glass
http://www.dimensionsinartglass.com/

Fire Design: Furnace, art glass
http://www.firedesigns.com/

Flame and Fusion: Artist-Accessible Hot Glass Studio
http://flameandfusion.net/

Frantz Art Glass
http://www.frantzartglass.com/

Glass Alchemy, Ltd.: boro supplies
http://www.glassalchemyarts.com/

GlassDaddy: Lauscha Glass distributor
http://www.glassdaddy.com/

Heritage Glass
http://www.heritageglass.com/

International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB)
http://www.isgb.org/index.shtml

Knabel, J.
http://www.geocities.com/j_knabel/

Kroma Glass Studio: Raw Dichroic Glass Sales
http://www.kroma.com/rawglass.html

McKinney, Don: Glass Palette; tools and equipment
http://www.glasspalette.com/index.html

Northstar Glass
http://northstarglass.com/

Oxygen Generating Systems, Inc.
http://www.ogsi.com/

Phillips Safety Products
http://www.phillips-safety.com/asp/

Sundance Art Glass Center
http://www.artglass1.com/

Thompson Enamel Inc.: enamels for Effetre (Moretti) glass
http://www.thompsonenamel.com/produc...ls/effetre.htm

Wale Apparatus Company: glassworking equipment & supplies
http://www.waleapparatus.com/

Warm Glass: a guide to fusing, slumping, and kiln-forming techniques
http://www.warmglass.com/

WetCanvas! Glass Art Forum
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/foru...828346f7c91e23
33b25ec78&forumid=89
~~
Sooz
-------

Old August 17th 03, 07:02 AM
Dr. Sooz

Oh wait did I mention I also bought some swarovski crystals during the
"tailgating" night ????

For me, right? :-D
~~
Sooz