A new sampler

Old December 13th 05, 02:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default A new sampler

I am designing a sampler for my group. To show the folks the different
stitches for Cross Stitch.

I was wondering if anyone knew more stitches. Now this sampler will be ONLY
for Cross Stitch.

Here is the list of Cross Stitches I am doing. I sorry for the long post.
They a

Cross Stitch
2x2 Slanted Gobelin
Smyrna
Slashed Cross

Railway
Diagonal Greek
Double Straight Rice
Tied Star

Braided Cross
Point de Tress
Slanting Star
Mini-Cross Diagonal

Woven Band
Plaited Gobelin
Woven Cross
Roman Cross

Oblong Cross
1x3 Spaced Cross Trame
Leviathan
Van Dyke

Tied Oblong Cross
Diagonal Fern
Knotted Cross
Three-Stitch Cross

Fern
1x1 Spaced Trame
Sleeping Oblong Cross
Oblong Cross Colored Variation

Two-Color Herringbone
Greek
Six-Trip Herringbone
Raised Cross

Butterfly
Giant Tied Oblong Cross
Dotted Stitch
Italian Cross

Double Tied Oblong Cross
Flying Cross
Barred Square
Woven Square

Alternating Oblong Cross
Double Cross Trame
Herringbone Gone Wrong
Herringbone

Hourglass Cross
Alternating Oblong Cross
Patterned Scotch Cross
Lone Slashed Cross

Crossed Mosaic
Tied Windmill
Patterned Crosses
Hitched Cross

Triple Oblong Cross
Floral Cross
Straight Rice
Rice

Triple Cross
Triple Leviathan
Bound Cross
Upright Cross

Windowpane Cross
Lone Triple Leviathan
Long Upright Cross
Diagonal Upright Cross

Fancy Cross
Vertical Elongated Smyrna
Cross Diagonal
Slanted Cross

Long-Arm Smyrna
Alternating Smyrna
Checkerboard Cross
Combination Crosses

Butterfly
Lone Tied Star
Medallion
Double Cross

Trellis Cross
Italian Cross
Lone Slashed Cross
Upright Cross

Slashed Cross
Woven Square
Hitched Cross
Diagonal Upright Cross

Tied Star
Herringbone
Giant Rice
Slanted Cross

Mini-Cross Diagonal
Raised Cross
Oblong Cross Colored Variation
Three-Stitch Cross

Roman Cross
Waffle
Plaited Stitch
Double Cross Trame

Windmill

Old December 13th 05, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

That one is on my list to try soon. I have this wonderful plan to try a new
stitch a week for my New Year's resolution. More attainable than a neater
house!

Cheryl

Old December 15th 05, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I'm working on a model job right now that has a lot of Queen Stitch...
..Fraid it's gonna be the last part of the job....Got a lot of practice to
figure it out and get it done to look right.

Marc

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania
http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

http://community.webshots.com/user/Ecouffes_By_George

Old December 15th 05, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Brenda Lewis wrote:
Ericka Kammerer wrote:

wrote:

I'm working on a model job right now that has a lot of Queen
Stitch... .Fraid it's gonna be the last part of the job....Got a lot
of practice to figure it out and get it done to look right

It seems like a number of people find Queen Stitch
ornery. What is it about the stitch that is challenging?

It is a time-consuming, detail-oriented stitch. It takes so long to do
a single queen stitch some people never find a rhythm for them. Most of
us could fill in a solid color area with cross-stitch or tent stitch
when half-asleep but queen stitch requires a LOT more attention.

I can understand this. I just hear a lot of people say
it's difficult to get it right, and I'm not sure why. I find it
to be a bit time-consuming, but it always seems to lay well. I
was just wondering if I was missing something. Who knows? Maybe
I've been doing it wrong all these years!

Here's a question: Has anyone ever done queen stitch the the different
pairs of limbs stitched in different colors? This might be a neat
effect. I could see this being used to represent wallpaper in a picture.

I've done it with overdyes, and it's very nice. I
could certainly imagine it would give a nice effect to use
different colors for the pairs of legs (though it would add
to the slowness of the stitch ;-) ).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old December 15th 05, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Brenda Lewis wrote:

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I guess what I was getting at is too many of us try to stitch when we're
half-asleep. I, for one, certainly cannot handle queen stitches in that
state!

--
Brenda
Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates
Old December 16th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I think what my challenge is is that I don't believe that I have a real good
"chart" of the stitch. I have one that shows two threads with the cross
part which I understand...BUT I have a feeling that that is only have of the
whole stitched piece that I'll be doing..... A lot of little "strawberries".
I awaiting further description from the designer. I get the concept I just
don't quite grasp the completion of the whole part. I've not see a good
close up of the stitch NOR have I seen it in person..... I'm sure once I
get my brain around it it will start rolling right along. Right now it's
just something that I'm not "grasping" BUT also know that soon, hopefully,
that Light Bulb will go off and then it will seem almost like "child's
play".... So to speak...

Marc

Old December 16th 05, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Try this site - hopefully it will help a bit.

http://www.overthemoondesigns.com/QueenStitch.htm

Sharon (N.B.)