Are we missing anything?

Old July 22nd 03, 11:44 PM
Felice Friese

Default Are we missing anything?

Of the 634 posts on rctn this evening, 440 of them included "Banned from the
Garden" in their subject line.

How many readers are missing interesting threads because they won't read the
"Banned" thread or have killfiled that phrase? I sure as heck won't wade
through 440 "Banned" posts to find out what they're really about!

Please give us a break, ladies, and change the subject line!

Felice

Old July 22nd 03, 11:50 PM
aeromom

"Felice Friese" wrote in message
Of the 634 posts on rctn this evening, 440 of them included "Banned from

the
Garden" in their subject line.

How many readers are missing interesting threads because they won't read

the
"Banned" thread or have killfiled that phrase? I sure as heck won't wade
through 440 "Banned" posts to find out what they're really about!

Please give us a break, ladies, and change the subject line!

Felice

Amen! to that Felice!

Old July 23rd 03, 02:07 AM
Dr. Brat

aeromom wrote:
"Felice Friese" wrote in message

Of the 634 posts on rctn this evening, 440 of them included "Banned from
the Garden" in their subject line.

How many readers are missing interesting threads because they won't read
the "Banned" thread or have killfiled that phrase? I sure as heck won't wade
through 440 "Banned" posts to find out what they're really about!

Please give us a break, ladies, and change the subject line!

Amen! to that Felice!

I think you'll see that many of the subject lines have been changed.
They now say community college, student loans, happy in the vineyard and
such like. They're still pretty much off topic, except the ones about
how best to do TW's patterns and those are clearly marked TW.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 23rd 03, 07:44 AM
Brenda Lewis

Changing the subject line when replying to a post doesn't make a new
thread in my newsreader. I new thread has to be started by composing a
new post instead of replying. How does it work for other people?

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs

Old July 23rd 03, 02:34 PM
Joan Erickson

Then Brenda Lewis wrote:

Changing the subject line when replying to a post doesn't make a new
thread in my newsreader. I new thread has to be started by composing a
new post instead of replying. How does it work for other people?

That's the way mine works, too. The only way around it is to *copy*
the portion you're replying to, start a whole new "compose" message, and
paste it in there.
I really do appreciate Sheena's efforts! Seeing my name in the header
really makes it pop out!
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.HeritageShoppe.com/heritage/temp/joan1.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old July 23rd 03, 09:19 PM
madeupagin

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
aeromom wrote:
"Felice Friese" wrote in message

Of the 634 posts on rctn this evening, 440 of them included "Banned from
the Garden" in their subject line.

How many readers are missing interesting threads because they won't read
the "Banned" thread or have killfiled that phrase? I sure as heck won't

wade
through 440 "Banned" posts to find out what they're really about!

Please give us a break, ladies, and change the subject line!

Amen! to that Felice!

I think you'll see that many of the subject lines have been changed.
They now say community college, student loans, happy in the vineyard and
such like. They're still pretty much off topic, except the ones about
how best to do TW's patterns and those are clearly marked TW.

Elizabeth

I have to read this group using OE, because I'm doing it at work. If you
read with OE and have the topics threaded, even changing the subject line
does NOT break the thread.

I hate OE. I never, ever, ever dreamed I'd say this: but I much preferred
reading RCTN on AOL!!!

Tere

Old July 24th 03, 01:57 AM
Dr. Brat

madeupagin wrote:

I have to read this group using OE, because I'm doing it at work. If you
read with OE and have the topics threaded, even changing the subject line
does NOT break the thread.

It doesn't break the thread in Netscape, either, but I can see where the
new titles are and ignore the other ones, so it does make selective
reading easier for me.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 24th 03, 04:21 AM
animaux

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:44:00 GMT, "Felice Friese" wrote:

Of the 634 posts on rctn this evening, 440 of them included "Banned from the
Garden" in their subject line.

How many readers are missing interesting threads because they won't read the
"Banned" thread or have killfiled that phrase? I sure as heck won't wade
through 440 "Banned" posts to find out what they're really about!

Please give us a break, ladies, and change the subject line!

Felice

I have tried to do that with starting several other threads. To be perfectly
honest, the thread was mostly a whole bunch of people getting together laughing,
having a fun time, and really at nobodies expense since the whole thing was just
downright silly to begin with.

I purposely didn't post much of anything today, and now my ISP has gotten rid of
most for me. They only hold on to Usenet for about two days...then it is marked
"unavailable."

So, whatcha stitching?

Victoria
Old July 24th 03, 06:44 PM
Brenda Lewis

It isn't really importing each bookmark, but it works if you do this.
Open IE. Choose Open from the File menu. Browse for a file named
bookmark.htm (usually in one of your Netscape folders). When you open
this file it looks like a webpage full of links which are all the pages
you have bookmarked in Netscape. You can Add this page to your IE
Favorites.

wrote:
One thing I would love to know is how would I export my bookmarks in
Netscape to IE ? Any idea ? It would be convenient to have them
all on both, if you see what I mean.

--
Brenda Lewis

WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs
J & P Coats "Dancing Snoopy" latchhook

Am I missing something in this auction? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 156 December 17th 04 09:18 AM
OT - the 12 cats of Christmas Kandice Seeber Beads 6 December 16th 04 03:31 PM
OT Missing DH Marisa Cappetta Beads 5 June 20th 04 03:05 AM
*Whine* Missing Posts and Paua Rachel T. Beads 4 February 11th 04 04:23 PM