Not OT - Have you ever

Old August 4th 03, 11:30 PM
Sharon Harper

Default Not OT - Have you ever

taken simply hours to draw up a design plan, start colouring it it, left it
on your desk for a little bit while you did some (gasp, shock, horror)
housework and come back only to find that some little visitors (ie Best
Friend's Kidlets) had helped you to colour in?

Such happened to me. I'd drawn up the placement of DH's whirligig quilt
(yes it's almost at the sewing together stage) and had done about 1/3 of it.
I came back and thought "Hmm I didn't allocate those colours to those
fabrics.". On closer inspection about 10 more whirlis had been coloured in
by a helper. I was in tears as I had to go through each individual fabric
again, counting off each 9 whirligigs....Ooooh the pain of it. Suffice it
to say I have finished it now, embedded it in plastic and BANNED colouring
pencils!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old August 5th 03, 01:56 AM
Sharon Harper

Umm, if I'd had the fabric to match their colouring (yes, that would have
been an excuse for S.E.X.) it would have looked okay. But I'd assigned
specific colours to my fabrics and I just didn't have the ones they used.
Like you, I'm not sure if it's the way I had it but I reckon it'll be okay.

Lesson number one - Don't leave colour pencils near design plans.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"frood" wrote in message
.com...
But, how was their design?? Giles and Spike "helped" me by re-arranging
blocks on my design wall. I had an arrangement I really liked, and they
exchanged some of the blocks. I still don't know if I got it back the way

had it, but it worked out ok.

Sorry you have do more work!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
u...

Old August 5th 03, 02:51 AM
julia sidebottom

Ouch!!!
It sounds like your house is as child proofed as mine is... When the
little ones come for a visit it is quite a shock for this house of
adults... my DGD can find even the most obscure things to get into...
and it doesn't take her any time at all. Now we have come to the
conclusion that the only place safe for little ones here (believe it or
not) is in the kitchen where I put a sheet on the floor and then let
the little ones go at it... of course when warned in advance of their
arrival I have a whole set of bungie cords ready to seal doors
(including the refrigerator) to protect little fingers.
My studio is a place of so many discoveries for her that someone is
ALWAYS in here during her visits even if she isn't because she is such a
speed daemon right now.
I have been known though when my Goddaughter or niece visit to let
them have a fabric bath with me...
I love them all but am always glad when they go home for a bit and
always ready for their return... the house just isn't... G.
Hope now that your diagram arrangement is back in order that now the
quilt will progress with great passion... Think about all the tears that
go with a quilt of love.
juliasb

Sharon Harper wrote:

[...]

Remove (nospam) from address.

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com
Old August 5th 03, 03:30 AM
Polly Esther

There are so many dangerous things in my "room". I might allow my oldest
grands, now fifteen, in here alone but not for long. Okay. I admit it. I
don't even let the Yorkie in here without me. Too many things that are
sharp, fragile, finely-tuned and/or poisonous. Truth be told, I'd rather DH
wasn't in here unsupervised. He just unconsciously has to straighten things
and an "on point" arrangement would have a very short life. Heee, he, he.
So would he. Polly

Old August 5th 03, 05:55 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

taken simply hours to draw up a design plan, start colouring it it, left it
on your desk for a little bit while you did some (gasp, shock, horror)
housework and come back only to find that some little visitors (ie Best
Friend's Kidlets) had helped you to colour in?

Such happened to me. I'd drawn up the placement of DH's whirligig quilt
(yes it's almost at the sewing together stage) and had done about 1/3 of it.
I came back and thought "Hmm I didn't allocate those colours to those
fabrics.". On closer inspection about 10 more whirlis had been coloured in
by a helper. I was in tears as I had to go through each individual fabric
again, counting off each 9 whirligigs....Ooooh the pain of it. Suffice it
to say I have finished it now, embedded it in plastic and BANNED colouring
pencils!

Nope -- I can't say that such a thing ever happened to me. Of course,
that might be because I started quilting when my own DDs were a bit
older. Still, I feel for you -- I remember messing up my own drawings
and having to start over!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 6th 03, 08:45 AM
NightMist

In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

taken simply hours to draw up a design plan, start colouring it it, left it
on your desk for a little bit while you did some (gasp, shock, horror)
housework and come back only to find that some little visitors (ie Best
Friend's Kidlets) had helped you to colour in?

Such happened to me. I'd drawn up the placement of DH's whirligig quilt
(yes it's almost at the sewing together stage) and had done about 1/3 of it.
I came back and thought "Hmm I didn't allocate those colours to those
fabrics.". On closer inspection about 10 more whirlis had been coloured in
by a helper. I was in tears as I had to go through each individual fabric
again, counting off each 9 whirligigs....Ooooh the pain of it. Suffice it
to say I have finished it now, embedded it in plastic and BANNED colouring
pencils!

Lessee, I'm an artist-seamstress-quilter with 4 kids and 2 grandkids,
have I ever had my designs "customized" by a little person?
Hell yes!!!!

Ask me sometime why I gave up oils for acrylics. Oy!

NightMist
NOTE: Baby oil is the best thing for removing oil paint from the hair
and skin of small children, cats do not appreciate your consideration
in bypassing turpentine or white spirits near as much. In fact, the
cats are almost as ungreatful as the children.

--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?