i need some help with this one

Old July 7th 03, 02:40 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default i need some help with this one

I would embellish the link a bit with some beads top and bottom. Not sure if
I like the wire wrapped around the elephant - is it necessary for structure
or a design decsion on your part? I can't tell if the elephant has a whole
running top to bottom or if the wire is holding it onto the looped wire
part.

BTW - good to see you back on the group!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"vj" wrote in message
i'm working on a special project for a friend of my daughter's.
she had a pair of earrings she wants made into a necklace.
the wire wrap is he

http://www.vickijean.com/images/rhonda-1.jpg

anyone have a better suggestion on how to do this?

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old July 7th 03, 06:38 PM
Carol in SLC

I actually like it the way you've wrapped it, Vicki. The half-round looks
great around the elephant!

Carol in SLC
See my new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/mavisheart.jpg
Old July 7th 03, 07:16 PM
Dr. Sooz

He's so cute.

http://www.vickijean.com/images/rhonda-1.jpg

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 7th 03, 08:05 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Ah - I see now! Well, I think that the way you have it is fine, but do add
some beads or dangly things below his belly to dress him up. Nice design!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
:

]I would embellish the link a bit with some beads top and bottom. Not sure

if
]I like the wire wrapped around the elephant - is it necessary for

structure
]or a design decsion on your part? I can't tell if the elephant has a

whole
]running top to bottom or if the wire is holding it onto the looped wire
]part.

no (it's a 'razorback') doesn't have a hole - that's why the wire
wrap. and only wrapping it once, means it falls out. if you see what
i mean . . . there are two of them, one for each side of the necklace.

http://www.vickijean.com/images/rhonda-2.jpg

]BTW - good to see you back on the group!

well . . . i'm trying.
this project has been sitting on my desk since February and i'm
finally getting to it. of course, i have to go back to work today . .
. **sigh**.
-----------

Old July 8th 03, 03:12 PM
Steve & Susan Wright

Instead of the wire you could take the school colors in seedbeads and make a
harness or a centerbelt. Is there anyway to show the top of the razorback
since everyone thinks it's a elephant.

Susan W

Old July 8th 03, 08:12 PM
Helen Page

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from uppies (Dr.
Sooz) :

]He's so cute.

**grin** everyone always thinks he's an elephant - he's the Arkansas
"Razorback'.

I think that's due to the size of the ears and the fact that the snout turns
up at the end...

http://www.klaz.com/razorback.jpg - here's a logo, I know nowt about
razorbacks but it looks like a sort of wild boar to me...

Old July 8th 03, 09:59 PM
Dr. Sooz

I think whoever sold it to her has a wild imagination! It's so obviously an
elephant!

if i didn't know it was a razorback
[because she told me where/why she got them] i wouldn't know. i think
SHE knows, and that's all she cares about - they're VERY stylized. and
small.

~~
Sooz
-------