OT where's the snow?

Old May 27th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT where's the snow?

This year we've had drought. Today brought rain, violent lightening,
thunderous thunder, hail, a tornado about 3 miles away and now flash flood
warnings. When the hail started pelting the big (really big) window, I put a
heavy quilt over the Bernina closeby because the glass panes are old and
thin. Mr. Esther asked which quilt to grab if we had to huddle us and Yogi
in the bathtub. ( Wouldn't that have been a treat?)
We are fine; the last threat until midnight is flooding and we are not
in a low-lying area. Our guardian angels have been on alert all day. I'll
let you know if it snows in the morning.
Exhausted Polly

Old May 27th 11, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Hey Exhausted Polly

You got the most rain today. The news reported you got over 8 inches.
I got just over 1.5 inches. I was up at 4:30 this morning watching the
lightening coming from the south. Thought for sure we were going to
get a lot of rain. Nothing. So about 9:30 I went for my nap. The
weather alert radio went off in my ear and I came flying out of the
bed. The radio kept going off with one alert after another all
afternoon. By 4:30 we were getting tornado warnings. An EF3 touched
down In Bush La. just across the river. We got a long soaking rain
and I wondered out after I though it had stopped. Went to get some
catfish and sat in the local eatery till the next storm passed. Those
big black clouds looked bad. The rain left but the lightening kept up
till after 11 tonight. I've got 4 cats and 3 kittens sleeping under
the sofa and very angry with me because I left them. They are scared
of the Boogey Man. So now the muggies start tomorrow. 64 days with no
rain. Hope we don't go another 64 days.

Keep safe.

Kate T.South Mississippi
Old May 27th 11, 12:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Glad you're all safe! My goodness, what a weather. Good reason to make
more quilts!
Roberta in D, rain coming down and filling the pond for free

Old May 27th 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Hopefully you didn't wake up to a White Christmas scene this morning!
Are you sure you weren't in Iowa yesterday (or anywhere else in the
Midwest for that matter!)? It sounds like the weather that's been all
around us. Don't you know you're not supposed to have that kind of
weather where you are?

I hope today is better all across the country. We've had quite enough
tornados and bad weather, thank you!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old May 27th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Tucker

Glad to hear you are all okay. What ride this spring has been!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Old May 28th 11, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:

This year we've had drought. Today brought rain, violent lightening,
thunderous thunder, hail, a tornado about 3 miles away and now flash flood
warnings. When the hail started pelting the big (really big) window, I put a
heavy quilt over the Bernina closeby because the glass panes are old and
thin. Mr. Esther asked which quilt to grab if we had to huddle us and Yogi
in the bathtub. ( Wouldn't that have been a treat?)
We are fine; the last threat until midnight is flooding and we are not
in a low-lying area. Our guardian angels have been on alert all day. I'll
let you know if it snows in the morning.
Exhausted Polly

So glad you and Mr. Esther are OK, Polly. Sounds like a
nerve-wracking night.

We were under a tornado watch yesterday as well; there was horrific
lightening (the little dog hid under the bed!) and the electricity
went out for three hours last evening. We also had flood warnings
issued (like we need another flood.....)

I finished sewing up the binding on my Christmas wall hanging by
lamplight; DH took one look and said, "You're SEWING?? You are a real
die hard!!'

-Irene
Old May 28th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yick. What a mess. Some nut (and you know who I am) decided that our
outside doors should be painted a lovely pale yellow. All the hurled debris
glued on and it took quite a while to clean up including all the fallen
broken tree limbs and creepy crawlies seeking shelter.
On a scale of anything - it really doesn't count with so many suffering
so. Can you even imagine 8" of rain? Our California friends would have
floated on by if they'd been surprised by such. Polly