Da weather [kinda OT]

Old September 3rd 11, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Da weather [kinda OT]

To those in the southeast in the path of the storms, stay safe, it may
be a good day to do hand work when the power goes out.

For Taria and those in the upper desert here, stay safe with the big
fire nearby in the hills between Los Angeles and Las Vegas!

Ginger in CA
a very foggy start to the morning on the central coast of CA
Old September 3rd 11, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I hope the storm full of rain is being exaggerated and blow right over.
(there is always hope)
We are about 15 miles away but I know of for sure 3 quilters that are
evacuated. My dear friend is going to be 82 next week and her husband
is very ill. They don't drive. I hope the neighbor there helped them to
a safe place to sit things out. By the time I noticed the smoke it was
too late to even call. Lots of smoke. DD was in Palm Springs but was
lucky to get word and head home the back side of the mountain so she
didn't sit on the closed freeway. I think this is a firebug and he has
been at it for several weeks. I am sure more than a few Vegas
and river trips got cancelled. Vegas can really use the business right
now too I hear. Enjoy that fog/coastal air conditioning.
Taria

Old September 3rd 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

We have a tornado warning, a flash flood watch and a tropical storm
incoming. Other than that, it's just raining. Lots. Polly

Old September 3rd 11, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

Polly, I've been watching the Weather Channel and wondering how you're
doing. Hope you and yours aren't hit too hard.

Donna in Idaho

Old September 3rd 11, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Be safe and try and stay dry between yorkie outings
Taria

Old September 4th 11, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, I'll declare.
We are in a raging storm. Raining so hard it would make you deaf; had
7" today and there's nearly an hour of today left.
Took the Yorkie out for his bedtime walk. That was tricky since people
really are killed by falling trees. Water standing way above ankle-high
even on the highest places in the pasture.
The winds are loud but not like Katrina.
Just got an email bulletin from our church cancelling all services. I
do so hope that everyone is using the good sense God blessed them with and
pray for those who must be 'on duty'.
Not a good time to have a baby. Please tell me there's not a full moon.
Polly

Old September 4th 11, 10:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Considering the length of yorkie legs maybe we had ought to send water
wings as well.
OK that is a visual I shant forget anytime soon.

Miz Polly you will be pleased to know that the moon is a mere 46 percent
of full. The rabbit in the moon shall not be making anyone loony during
this storm.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old September 4th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you Jenn but we have plenty of towels and the blow dryer still works
okay. Polly

Old September 4th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Water wings is a good idea. I don't think Yogi can swim. He does however,
know how to run, jump and go ker-Splat in deep puddles. We're up to 12.5"
inches of rain now. Our wimpy friends in CA would be sliding into the
Pacific. Polly

OT weather maryd[_3_] Quilting 10 December 21st 08 08:08 PM
OT Da weather Ginger in CA Quilting 3 January 25th 08 12:27 AM
Oh, the Weather outside teleflora Quilting 25 December 3rd 06 04:19 PM
AD - new lampwork - "Venus" - kinda unusual, kinda not Kandice Seeber Beads 3 October 16th 06 02:08 PM
OT - Weather Carol In WI Yarn 2 January 18th 06 04:24 PM