half hearted happy dance?

Old October 12th 05, 06:53 PM
Marijke

Default half hearted happy dance?

I finished made a quilt last week for a friend, sort of a thank you for
stuff she's done for me. It's a small lap quilt, not big at all. The
only problem is, I don't like it! I don't know if I feel right giving
her a quilt I don't like. I don't like it at all.

I've made quilts before that I didn't like, but usually once they're
quilted and bound, they look ok, but this one just isn't doing that.

the quilt: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...steryquilt.jpg
close up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iltcloseup.jpg
the backing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yquiltback.jpg

Should I give it?

PS, she likes coffee so note the backing. ;-)

Marijke
in Montreal
Old October 12th 05, 06:59 PM
Queen of Squishies

She will love it, but if you cannot overcome your doubts, let me just say I
Love It! You can send it to me. For your own peace of mind, you
understand.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 12th 05, 07:04 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Marijke,
I'm not that much of a quilt aficionado (is that the right term), but
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is really pretty. Can't imagine
your friend not liking it also. Must remember that not everyone likes
the same things. Don't believe you could go wrong with this as a gift.
She'll love it, just as I would.
Marlys in Indiana

.. .

Old October 12th 05, 07:17 PM
Brian Christiansen

"Marijke" wrote in message
.. .

I finished made a quilt last week for a friend, sort of a thank you for
stuff she's done for me. It's a small lap quilt, not big at all. The only
problem is, I don't like it! I don't know if I feel right giving her a
quilt I don't like. I don't like it at all.

I've made quilts before that I didn't like, but usually once they're
quilted and bound, they look ok, but this one just isn't doing that.

If it counts for anything, I think it is very colorful and nice looking, and
I for one would not mind at all getting it as a present.

Brian Christiansen

Old October 12th 05, 07:20 PM
frood

Oh, that's absolutely horrid. Don't torture your friend with that. Send it
to me instead. Need my address? ;-P

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

.. .

Old October 12th 05, 07:29 PM
Polly Esther

Karen, you're good at that, you know? However, I love the pretty florals,
love the pattern, love the colors and it is My Birthday so she just must
send it to me. Nevermind the friend she made it for. Polly

Old October 12th 05, 08:13 PM
Pat in Virginia

Marijke:
Of all your quilts that I've seen, this is not my favorite. Even
so, it is a very nice quilt. The quilting is fantastic. You
friend will probably adore the quilt. But I do understand that it
is difficult to present a gift that one does not even like! I
wonder if you could add a simple star appliqué to that beige
square in center, using the lovely raspberry color you have in
the corner stars. That might tie the center and outer design
elements together, and perhaps you will like the quilt better. I
hope you don't mind the suggestion! Free free to bin it!
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 12th 05, 08:17 PM
Donna in Idaho

I agree with Pat - that center square just kinda stares at you! It needs
something in it. Other than that, I think it is a very pretty quilt. I
would do as Pat said and applique a star from the raspberry color - that
would look really nice.

--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old October 12th 05, 08:26 PM
Marijke

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Marijke:
Of all your quilts that I've seen, this is not my favorite. Even so, it
is a very nice quilt. The quilting is fantastic. You friend will
probably adore the quilt. But I do understand that it is difficult to
present a gift that one does not even like! I wonder if you could add a
simple star appliqué to that beige square in center, using the lovely
raspberry color you have in the corner stars. That might tie the center
and outer design elements together, and perhaps you will like the quilt
better. I hope you don't mind the suggestion! Free free to bin it!
PAT in VA/USA

Now there's an idea. Maybe that is why I don't like it. That would make
sense.

Thanks!
Marijke
Old October 12th 05, 09:23 PM
Quilterin

Polly, you win, I won't even bother to try for that quilt (though I do
like it and really know where I would hang it)!

Happy birthday {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Uschi

half happy dance Jessamy Quilting 14 April 24th 05 09:18 AM
Happy Dance for Happy Quilt hfw Quilting 7 March 20th 05 10:04 PM
half happy dance! Dr. Quilter Quilting 3 May 2nd 04 06:02 PM
2 YEAR HAPPY DANCE IN WAITING!!!!!!!!!!! Angbug Needlework 3 April 26th 04 08:40 PM
Happy happy dance dance.... Kellie J. Berger Quilting 5 September 20th 03 01:42 PM