My purple and green quilt-finally done! (pix)

Old October 12th 05, 02:36 PM
Valerie in FL

Default My purple and green quilt-finally done! (pix)

Some of you may remember me whining about misunderstanding the directions
for Yellow Brick Road.

Well, I finally finished it--it's in my Completed Quilts folder, if you'd
like to take a look.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old October 12th 05, 02:52 PM
Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Valerie! It's gorgeous.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 12th 05, 03:08 PM
Valerie in FL

Thank you. I must confess I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. I am
puzzled that it's so heavy. I used Quilter's Dream Request loft, but it
weighs a ton. When I was wrestling with it at my SM, I thought it was heavy
because of the 600+ pins I put in it, but it didn't get much lighter when I
took them out. Maybe it's just because it's so big.

Speaking of pins, I think the snap-on plastic cover thingys for the pins are
the best money I ever spent. They make the pins very visible while quilting,
and stop me from stabbing myself when opening or closing the pins. NAYY.

Old October 12th 05, 03:16 PM
Idahoqltr

Very pretty. It is the difference in values that makes it so striking
for me.

Old October 12th 05, 03:38 PM
nana2b

It turned out lovely. Who would ever think purple and green would make such
a stunning quilt? Congrats! Linda

Old October 12th 05, 03:41 PM
Patti

A really Grand Finale, Valerie.
If it is your last, it's a great act to go out on g
(I still love your stairway to cat heaven!)
..
In message , Valerie in FL
writes
Some of you may remember me whining about misunderstanding the directions
for Yellow Brick Road.

Well, I finally finished it--it's in my Completed Quilts folder, if you'd
like to take a look.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 12th 05, 04:49 PM
pajaritaflora

Valerie in FL wrote:
Some of you may remember me whining about misunderstanding the directions
for Yellow Brick Road.

Well, I finally finished it--it's in my Completed Quilts folder, if you'd
like to take a look.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

It's beautiful. And my goodness it is large. Probably got a good
workout manipulating that through the SM.

MaryAnn

Old October 12th 05, 06:28 PM
Louise

Lovely, Valerie! Happy dancin' for you in Iowa.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com