Colors, Friends and Sashing?

Old October 11th 05, 01:15 PM
Pat in Virginia

D'm:
Go with what works best for the quilt. The H does not have the
copright, nor the trademark, on the color purple!
PAT in VA/USA

dogmom wrote:

For over a year I've been slowly making a sawtooth star for one of my very
dearest friends. She likes pink, a lot. Her husband, who IMNSHO is a bit of
a jerk, likes purple. Since I began this--with the color scheme well in
place (it just sorta evolved)--he's been more of a jerk. The stars have 9p
in the center, surrounded by pink to make the square, and then the star
points are purple. The background fabric is a delicate cream floral with
white, purple, pink and green. The blocks are about 8 1/2 inches.

I want to sew 4" sawtooth stars as connecting blocks for the sashing (hope
I'm describing this right...) but I'm having a heck of a time finding the
right color. Purple may in fact look the best but he's a jerk! SHE's my
friend and she likes pink. I've tried green but it just doesn't work. Tried
white and it disappeared. Could always dispense w/ the smaller stars and
just add sashing and sew it together--but I like those little guys; they're
a lot of fun to sew and if I ever get this right it will in fact be a
*really* pretty quilt.

Advice? TIA muchly.
Dogmom

Old October 12th 05, 06:52 AM
melinda

dogmom wrote:
Thanks, y'all--you always come through. I see happily now that he doesn't
own purple--but I'll keep tryin' pink, per Polly's suggestion, first. And
Polly, there's always some kind of bridge leading to the important
things....

Dogm'

Jus thad a thought, what about half way between pink and purple,
somewhere about the cerise range?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 13th 05, 04:46 AM
Polly Esther

That's what I was thinking. Pink can be anywhere from soft as a baby's
breath to so loud it rattles the windows. Polly

"melinda" wrote