OT I had Christmas Dinner at the Captains table

Old December 26th 04, 09:17 AM
Shirley Shone

Default OT I had Christmas Dinner at the Captains table

After a very much its on , its off, two weeks. We did get to go one
David's ship.

We went in the afternoon of Christmas Eve. We were given a cabin each so
neither of us would have to climb on the top bunk. They did not want us
to fall out.
Christmas Eve is the time the Polish crew celebrate their Christmas. I
had my hand shook and kissed a great many times. We all sat around the
table and we enjoyed a buffet meal. The beer and wine flowed freely and
in my case after the first glass of wine fruit favoured water.

After breakfast on Christmas Day we took a turn around the deck. It was
bitterly cold so we watched TV and read our books. It seemed strange not
to be dashing around in the kitchen.
Chris our son who is on the sister ship was in Holland with his family
onboard. He rang me up and they were having a good time.

I rang my neighbour and wished them Merry Christmas. Apparently it had
snowed and more was spreading across the country.

We had Christmas dinner at the captains table and it was very nice with
crackers being pulled and party hats worn. The drink again flowed
freely.
But not for us.

However in view of the snow, David thought that we should leave after
lunch and not stay a second night. He worried about us driving through
snow. In actual fact he followed us home in his Land Rover. He stayed
the night in his house and is going back to the ship this afternoon.
I am cooking a special lunch for us before he goes.

It is very frosty this morning and the roads have not been gritted. I
wanted to go to an antique fair. The sky looks heavy with snow so DH
wants me to stay at home.

It was a lovely experience and I am glad we went.
Shirley

--
Shirley Shone

Old December 26th 04, 01:20 PM
E J Ralph

Shirley, it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Will you get to see Chris at all this holidays too? or will his ship
be over in Holland for a while?

Emma

www.ejrbeads.co.uk

Old December 26th 04, 03:05 PM
Shirley Shone

No I will not see Chris at all. His ship comes back on Tuesday morning
and sails again at night. He will be in Holland again for New Year and I
think his family will be with him.

We never get to see Chris on his ship because his wife has priority. If
she goes we cannot.
Shirley

In message , E J Ralph
writes

Old December 26th 04, 04:19 PM
E J Ralph

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:05:18 +0000, Shirley Shone
wrote:

No I will not see Chris at all. His ship comes back on Tuesday morning
and sails again at night. He will be in Holland again for New Year and I
think his family will be with him.

We never get to see Chris on his ship because his wife has priority. If
she goes we cannot.
Shirley

That is a pity, but understandable I guess. I suppose they can't have
everyone in everyone's family coming aboard at holidays or the boat
would sink!

Its great that you got to speak to him though and hope you all get to
hook up on dry land sometime soon.

Emma

Old December 27th 04, 08:38 AM
Shirley Shone

I thought of you too. With not rushing around cooking up a feast I had
plenty of time to sit and think of my RCB friends. In fact I was get
withdrawal symptoms because I could not get on the computer.

First thing I did when I got home was to go upstairs and log on.

Shirley

In message , Dr. Sooz
writes
How lovely, Shirley. I thought of you numerous times this holiday. I'm so
glad you had an adventure.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

--
Shirley Shone

Old January 2nd 05, 09:11 AM
Kandice Seeber

So wonderful, Shirley!! Glad to hear you had a Happy Christmas!
I hope everyone's holiday season was a joy!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 2nd 05, 10:25 PM
Marisa Cappetta

What a different Christmas, it sounds great, Shirley.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com