Delurking at last

Old October 13th 05, 02:08 AM
Don/Gen

The quilt is beautiful. She'll love it. Now. come out and play more often.
Gen

"Harry and Anita" wrote in message
Hi all,

Guess it is time I pop out of lurkdom and introduce myself. My name is
Anita and I currently live in Anchorage Alaska. I have no QIs (we move

way
too often to be fair to the four-legged friends), two kids (1 boy, 1

girl),
love chocolate in just about any form and am attempting my first quilt for
anything bigger than a Barbie doll which I made way back in my younger

days.

I just want to say thank you to all of the hints, tips, ideas and
inspirations you have provided over the years that I have been hanging out
here. I can remember when Spike and Giles were not yet born if that gives
you any idea of how long I have read this group. Every time we

relocate
to a new country or state, RCTQ is the first newsgroup I search out and
subscribe to.

My first quilt is for my daughter and is titled Kira's Kitties. Her
grandmother sent her the panel for a birthday present a few years ago and
this year I finally plucked up enough courage to start something. Kira

has
picked the colors and block styles so far for this quilt. It is all hand
pieced and will be handquilted (I hope) once it is fully assembled.

Without
the constant peeks at what all of you are doing I don't think I would have
ever taken the plunge, but I just get so inspired to try new things when I
see how well they turn out here that I couldn't wait any longer.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested in seeing Kira's Kitties so
far.

http://community.webshots.com/album/469941514WZhHMJ

Anita (back to mostly lurking since I really don't have any knowledge to
add, just lots of praise for quiilts made by this group)

Old October 13th 05, 02:49 AM
C & S

Thank you for sharing Anita, it is lovely! I love your choice of colours.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

Old October 13th 05, 03:20 AM
Carolyn McCarty

Love the quilt blocks! Welcome, Anita, and I hope you put your two cents
worth in often. Heck, most of the rest of us don't hesitate, LOL!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old October 13th 05, 07:17 AM
Irrational Number

Harry and Anita wrote:

Guess it is time I pop out of lurkdom and introduce myself. My name is
Anita and I currently live in Anchorage Alaska.

Hey, stick around! We could use more Anitas
here!

-- Anita --
The Irrational One
Old October 13th 05, 10:24 AM
Estelle Gallagher

Wow Anita,if thats you learning I give up!! Its wonderful. Hope we will see
the end product!! Oh welcome by the way!! Estelle uk

Old October 13th 05, 11:55 AM
Roberta Zollner

Welcome Anita! Please don't be entirely silent. I just don't understand how
anybody can read this group for years without an unbearable compulsion to
speak!
Pretty kitties, thanks for the view.
Roberta in D

Old October 13th 05, 12:28 PM
FiederEls

Welcome !..
I love your kitten quilt.. love to see the end result.. stich away!!
And stay awhile.. it's fun...

FiederEls

"Harry and Anita" schreef in bericht

Old October 13th 05, 12:51 PM
Queen of Squishies

Welcome, Anita! Tell Kira I love her kitties, and I love those blocks
you're adding around it. How nice! Thanks for coming out to play, and
please don't lurk too much now. We want to be kept up to date and
everything.

Karen, Queen of Squishies