Two Strand Toggle Problems

Old June 8th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Bob Common

Default Two Strand Toggle Problems

My wife is putting out a line of watch bracelets using beads, watch
faces of course, two hole toggles and .018 Beadalon wire. My wife does the
designing and beading and I do the finishing work, eg., attaching the two
hole toggles with crimp tubes and putting on the crimp covers. Most of the
time things go just fine but about a quarter of the time, the wire gets a
twist into it which puts a twist into the entire half of the beaded
bracelet. If the twist it too noticable, it has to be restrung and
recrimped until it goes together without the twist. Has anybody else run
into this sort of problem and how did they manage to work around it.

Thank you, Bob

Old June 8th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 7, 3:16 pm, "Bob Common" wrote:
My wife is putting out a line of watch bracelets using beads, watch
faces of course, two hole toggles and .018 Beadalon wire. My wife does the
designing and beading and I do the finishing work, eg., attaching the two
hole toggles with crimp tubes and putting on the crimp covers. Most of the
time things go just fine but about a quarter of the time, the wire gets a
twist into it which puts a twist into the entire half of the beaded
bracelet. If the twist it too noticable, it has to be restrung and
recrimped until it goes together without the twist. Has anybody else run
into this sort of problem and how did they manage to work around it.

Thank you, Bob

Can you not just cut the crimp, un-twist the wire and re-crimp without
restringing? I only made 1 4-strand (connected strands) necklace so
far, and I made sure to lay it out flat before crimping the end, and
while
the strands may twist when wearing it, it's otherwise flat, in spite
of
connecting the 4 strands with a split ring at the end and covering
with
a coil. If that makes a difference (it may), I use SoftFlex. I would
think
that beading cable in something as short as one half of a watch band
should un-twist itself as I don't have twists in my 30" necklace.

Aloha,
Maren
Maren Purves
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
- Job's Tears & Mgambo/weleweka beads available -
Old June 9th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Beadalon is notorious for twisting, crimping and eventually breaking
at the kink. Upgrade to Softflex 019 and you won't have that problem.

Patti
Old June 10th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Jun 9, 12:49 pm, Patti wrote:
Beadalon is notorious for twisting, crimping and eventually breaking
at the kink. Upgrade to Softflex 019 and you won't have that problem.

That's why I decided to have a go at the local market for Softflex
here
in Hilo: I'm the only local seller of it. I got my first spool from
Ben Franklin,
but they have since stopped carrying it (they only have the very fine
SoftTouch, and for most of what I do that's too thin.)

Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
(got SoftFlex, 2 colors, 3 diameters)

LOVE THE TOGGLE Beckibead Beads 4 November 28th 06 10:24 PM
Source for JUST toggle bars? JeanneP Beads 3 October 6th 06 03:47 PM
AD: Very Small Toggle Clasps That I Can't Use ang Beads 2 November 10th 04 06:52 AM
Thread and toggle frustration Gemfyre Beads 11 June 9th 04 02:51 AM
Lampwork Toggle MargieK Beads 5 October 20th 03 11:02 PM