Here is another one for you . . . Tombow or other marker?

Old October 4th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Default Here is another one for you . . . Tombow or other marker?

So what type of marker do you prefer? Tombow? SU? Impress? Dee
Groenig's? So tell us which do you prefer?

Inquiring minds wanna know. Ha ha.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN

Old October 5th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
JRTowner

I like Marvy Marker for a watercoloer effect but I do wish they would
make the ink and pen caps the same corlor. For a permament maker, I
like Zig's because they have a real nice fine tip. I also have some
Gelly Roll's in gel ink with sparkels in it that are nice But I do find
the gel tends to spear so i heat set it. I don't buy cheap ones
because they dry out very quickly. I also like open stock option of
Marvy's, Zig's, anf Gelly Roll's, That way I don't have to buy a set
to get one color.

Old October 5th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
chatty cathy

I have some zigs and mostly marvey but i would love to buy some of Dee's
markers she works wonders with hers and i like the shape of them..but
man are they expensive for me..
cathy

Old October 7th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Alison

You know, I've never really gotten into markers. I like the concept of
using them direct-to-rubber, but never really enjoyed actually using it. I
like to color in images, and never liked the streakiness I get from doing so
with markers.

I also agree with JR - it bugs the bejeezes out of me when cap and ink
colors aren't the same!

Alison

ups.com...

Old October 11th 06, 07:46 PM
Elli Elli is offline
Member

Location: At my craft table!

[quote=Roscoe2]So what type of marker do you prefer? Tombow? SU? Impress? Dee
Groenig's? So tell us which do you prefer?

Hi All!

I once swore I had no need for markers. A watercolor paintbox suited me fine. I've since come up with some interesting techniques that use markers. I started out "borrowing" my children's crayola markers but have slowly built up a collection of TomBows which are better because of the brush shape (I don't use the fine point so much).

Cheers

--
Elli
http://www.notjuststamping.com
Old October 13th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Barbara Bennett

Hello
My first post to this newsgroup Marvy Markers are my favorites. I've
had my markers for several years and they haven't dried up like some of
the other brands tend to do. If one of the markers gets dry, I open the
top and drop a few drops of glycerine & water into the pen. I learned
recently that if I store them with the tips/caps down, they work much
better-the moisture stays in the tip. My favorite techniques...using the
markers with blender pens or scribbling on plastic with the markers and
using paint brushes to pick up the colors.

Barbara
Burdett, NY

Alison wrote:
You know, I've never really gotten into markers. I like the concept of
using them direct-to-rubber, but never really enjoyed actually using it. I
like to color in images, and never liked the streakiness I get from doing so
with markers.

I also agree with JR - it bugs the bejeezes out of me when cap and ink
colors aren't the same!

Alison

ups.com...

Old October 14th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

I only have six Marvy Markers and hadn't used them in years so just checked
them out...they are still wet but only two make a sound when I shake them.
What could that mean? They are Metallics. I bet they would look pretty
using them with the aqua painter. That's my favorite way to use markers
too. I scribble on a CD and use my aqua painter to pick up the color.

FYI if you have markers with brushes on both ends you should lay them flat.
Stamp pads should be laid upside down.

SAD

Alison wrote:
You know, I've never really gotten into markers. I like the concept of
using them direct-to-rubber, but never really enjoyed actually using it. I
like to color in images, and never liked the streakiness I get from doing so
with markers.

I also agree with JR - it bugs the bejeezes out of me when cap and ink
colors aren't the same!

Alison

ups.com...

Old October 15th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Wave Jumper wrote:
I only have six Marvy Markers and hadn't used them in years so just checked
them out...they are still wet but only two make a sound when I shake them.
What could that mean? They are Metallics. I bet they would look pretty
using them with the aqua painter. That's my favorite way to use markers
too. I scribble on a CD and use my aqua painter to pick up the color.

FYI if you have markers with brushes on both ends you should lay them flat.
Stamp pads should be laid upside down.

SAD

Hi SAD,

I did not like my Marvy's so I sold all of them I think in a pencil cup
$0.25 a piece of 5 for a $1.00. I just didn't like them I prefer the
Tobmbow's because I truly like the idea of both tips. Easier for me to
use. I prefer eaiser. I didn't know about laying those markers flat.
Thank for the heads up on that one.

I did however know about the ink pads, however, if you have a pigement
pad for exaple Brilliance Ink pads you don't want to store them upside
down as they are naturlly gushy and
to much ink means smudgy to me. I store all of my dye inks and
kaliedacolor pads upside down, after that everyone else stays upright.
Right or wrong not sure, works for me.

Inky Huggz,

Missy
Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
North Branch, MN

Old October 17th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

Thanks for the info on the Brilliance pads. I wondered why some of mine
made the stamps such a gunky mess when I inked them. I'll have to turn
them right side up now.

SAD

On 10/15/06 11:52 AM, in article
, "Roscoe2"

Old October 18th 06, 09:14 PM
Elli Elli is offline
Member

Location: At my craft table!
Smile

I did however know about the ink pads, however, if you have a pigement
pad for exaple Brilliance Ink pads you don't want to store them upside
down as they are naturlly gushy and
to much ink means smudgy to me. I store all of my dye inks and
kaliedacolor pads upside down, after that everyone else stays upright.
Right or wrong not sure, works for me.

I'm right there with you on this one - dye inkpads face down, pigment face up.

Cheers
--
Elli
http://www.notjuststamping.com
The Online Magazine For Stampers And Papercrafters
Home Of Rubber Bandit Stamps
http://www.notjuststamping.com/
The Online Magazine For All Stampers & Paper-crafters

Best fine point permanent fabric marker? [email protected] Quilting 9 April 24th 05 03:42 AM
Odd row marker... Sarah Carter Yarn 2 April 13th 04 04:09 PM
Tombow, Marvy and Zig markers for sale WKT Rubberstamps 0 August 23rd 03 08:58 PM