Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

Old December 20th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
King's Crown

Default Mounted or Unmounted Stamps which do you prefer?

I have a friend and while I was converting to EZmount she decided to do the
CD route since I talked her into putting her CDs into an album instead of
having all those cases out. So, she had a bunch of CD cases. What she is
doing is not using EZmount. She thought it was too expensive for her. She
takes a piece of foam core to put in the spine of the CD case to keep the
unmounted rubber stamps from falling out of the case. She when she stamps
she uses temporary glue to stick the rubber stamp to her acrylic block. She
then puts her paper on a foam mouse pad and does the stamping. The foam
mouse pad being the replacement for the EZmount foam. I'm not convinced I
like her system, but it does take up half as much space as my EZmount
system. BUT my EZmount system takes up about 1/3 the room it did when it
was on wooden blocks so I'm happy.

Lynne
"Wave Jumper" wrote in message
I've still have some UM stamps done with the HALO system but have been
converting them to the EZMount system. I donıt understand how the CD
jewel
case storage works. Could you please explain that to me.

SAD

On 12/19/06 7:00 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

I'll have to check that out. I've been using the HALO (Hook and Loop)
system for my unmounted stamps--the acrylic blocks have strips of loop
stuff embedded in the plastic, and I apply adhesive backed hook stuff
to the backs of my stamps. Cutting through rubber and adhesive is hard,
so anything that might make it easier would be very welcome. I then
store the stamps on photo album pages that I've applied strips of loop
stuff to, and have index volumes where I stamp the pictures by
categories and list underneath the photo album page where it's stored.
I've liked the idea of storing them in CD jewel cases though, sounds
better than the photo albums I've been using, and I could keep the
jewel cases arranged by category and do away with the index I keep!

Wave Jumper wrote:
It's like a soldering iron; if you already have one with a tip that
unscrews
you can buy a cutting tip at the same place you bought the soldering
iron
and save money. The one I bought was from Joann's etc. in the wood
craft
section and is used for wood burning. It's made by Walnut Hollow and
has
several attachments included. The one I use for cutting foam is the hot
knife cutting attachment. I bought the 750 degree temperature kit first
but
returned it for the 950 degree kit because it cuts faster. It's like
cutting through butter. You can use the other tips that come with it on
paper, cork, wood etc.

SAD

Old December 21st 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper

If I'm in a hurry to use a new stamp I tape a piece of double stick tape to
an acrylic block and attach the UM to that. It works well so don't know why
I bother using the EZ mount system. Some times I put a mouse pad under it
but not always.

SAD

On 12/20/06 7:59 AM, in article
, "King's Crown"
wrote:

[...]

converting them to the EZMount system. I donİöt understand how the CD

Old December 23rd 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps

"Wave Jumper" wrote in message
If I'm in a hurry to use a new stamp I tape a piece of double stick tape
an acrylic block and attach the UM to that. It works well so don't know
why
I bother using the EZ mount system. Some times I put a mouse pad under it
but not always.

SAD

That's how i stamp with all my unmounteds, I either use poster tape or I
paint Wacky Tac on them to make them sticky enough to stay on the acrylic
mount. I then store them on pages in notebooks.

Denise