Poll: curing polymer clay in the microwave?

Old October 12th 06, 08:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Ferfal

Default Poll: curing polymer clay in the microwave?

How well does it work to bake polymer clay using the microwave? Cast your
vote or see the results he

http://www.statuaryplace.com/forum/s...clay-t107.html

Old October 12th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
PenguinTrax

This is thinly veiled spam as you must register on your site to vote in
the poll.

Old October 12th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
vervix

The reason the software asks people to register is to discourage people from
voting twice. If anyone could keep pressing the vote button multiple times
then the poll wouldn't be useful, would it?

It is very quick to register, about 10 seconds, all it requires is a
username and email address. This is meant to welcome a larger group of
people to gather input on whether the microwave works for polymer clay.

Old October 12th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

vervix wrote:
The reason the software asks people to register is to discourage people from
voting twice. If anyone could keep pressing the vote button multiple times
then the poll wouldn't be useful, would it?

It is very quick to register, about 10 seconds, all it requires is a
username and email address. This is meant to welcome a larger group of
people to gather input on whether the microwave works for polymer clay.

Says someone, whose google history, like the original poster, contains
only hit and run linkings to this website. Website polls are toys and
I'm not registering so the poll writer can pat themself on the back and
think it means something statistically significant.

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com

Old October 13th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
vervix

So in the polymer clay newsgroup it is not ok to post a poll link about
polymer clay?

Then what should we talk about?

Old October 13th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Talk about polymer clay, don't use the group as a resource to drive
traffic to your site. You've posted here many times about your site and
none of us, as far as I know, uses it. We like it here, so if you want
to participate, talk about clay, here.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old October 13th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
vervix

Barbara, I cannot post a poll here. The usenet newsgroup does not have this
feature. I am not sure, but I think you are saying that a poll is not
allowed.

Old October 13th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

If you want to post a question "What about Curing in a Microwave", I"m
sure you'd get a lot of discussion on the subject, not just yes or no
answers.

I'm not saying 'don't post' , I'm just saying that any post you've ever
made to this site has all been to drive traffic to your web site. You've
not really ever participated in any conversations here. According to
your two Google profiles for this group, you've made a grand total of 7
posts to rcpc in the last 18 months and they've all been to promote your
discussion board.

Old October 15th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarajane Helm

DO NOT use a microwave with polymer clay. Within seconds you can burn the
clay and release toxic gasses. Don't even wonder about this issue----it like
having an "opinion" on whether or not to put tennis shoes in your microwave
to dry them. (and DONT do that--for the same reasons!!)

I've worked with PC for more than twenty years and spoklen with many
chemists. DO NOT OVERHEAT polymer clay.

Sarajane Helm

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

t...

Old October 17th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
DO NOT use a microwave with polymer clay. Within seconds you can burn the
clay and release toxic gasses. Don't even wonder about this issue----it
like
having an "opinion" on whether or not to put tennis shoes in your
microwave
to dry them. (and DONT do that--for the same reasons!!)

I've worked with PC for more than twenty years and spoklen with many
chemists. DO NOT OVERHEAT polymer clay.

Sarajane Helm

hey there, what exact horror have i unleashed? i have burnt clay 2-3 times
tresting out my new toaster oven ( am i sunk?
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
http://www.polyclay.com