"And They Sinned" Chart

Old March 29th 04, 03:09 PM
Robin Lund

Default "And They Sinned" Chart

I have just started working on "And They Sinned". I absolutely love the
design....but the chart is terrible. The symbols are barely recognizable
and if I did not have a color photograph of the finished project, I would
not be able to select the correct color. The chart was fairly expensive
($39.00) and I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect a chart that is
easy to use.

Is anyone else encountering this problem? If so, how do you deal with it?
Also, I would like to write the designer, Examplar Dames Design Company to
express my admiration....as well as frustration....with the chart. Does
anyone have the address? Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Robin Lund

Old March 29th 04, 04:05 PM
jadedmuch

"Robin Lund" wrote in
. com:

I have just started working on "And They Sinned". I absolutely love
the design....but the chart is terrible. The symbols are barely
recognizable and if I did not have a color photograph of the finished
project, I would not be able to select the correct color. The chart
was fairly expensive ($39.00) and I don't think that it is
unreasonable to expect a chart that is easy to use.

snipped
Robin Lund

Hi Robin,

You are not the only one. There is a group for ATS on the Legacy
Embroiderers board (e-zboard) and the suggestion was to blow up the charts
really big to decipher the symbols. However, I didn't see this til _after_
I had used the wrong color for the star bursts above the swords.
Fortunately I liked the look of the brighter color, as it looked like the
swords were glowing. But the symbolism was for the orange to be used only
on the fruit on the tree.

Vilma does post to the group and I'm sure she's seen the 'feedback' about
the difficulty in reading her chart. Hopefully the companion piece will
not be such a bugger to read.

Kathleen
Old March 30th 04, 12:38 AM
Pat P

If you do a Google search, their websirte comes up very fast, with the
address and phone number at the top.

Pat P

"jadedmuch" wrote in message
. 97.132...
"Robin Lund" wrote in
. com:

Old March 30th 04, 03:56 PM
Boohoo1971

but the chart is terrible. The symbols are barely recognizable
and if I did not have a color photograph of the finished project, I would
not be able to select the correct color. was fairly
Is anyone else encountering this problem?
Robin Lund

Hi Robin. Aren't awful charts a pain in the neck? I work repro samplers and
it seems that I spend more time looking at the picture than the chart at times.
I have a couple of suggestions, first make enlarged copies. I usually make
several of each area incase a design area goes over two sheets. I'll have the
extras to cup up and tape together. I have found a convenience store that
doesn't question my making copies. I also mark the main color in an area...the
color I would work first...and work that color. This seems to get an area
started correctly for me. I use a water erasable marking pen (gotten at a
quilting store) to mark the chart. I use a damp tiny artist paint brush to get
rid of the mark after I have stitched that color. If you can't find a pen like
this, use a pencil with a good eraser. Good luck, hang in there, it is a
beautiful sampler. Boo

BRBR

Old March 30th 04, 09:25 PM
Robin Lund

I just wanted to thank everyone for your wonderful suggestions on dealing
with a "less than perfect" chart. "And They Sinned" is such a beautiful
project. It will be worth the frustration, I'm sure. Thanks again for all
of your help. Robin

. com...