Poll: curing polymer clay in the microwave?

Old October 19th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarajane Helm

Default Poll: curing polymer clay in the microwave?

since you are still typing, it sounds like you did not burn it long enough
to release enough hydrogen chloride gas to do you in! That is one of the
gasses that forms at over 380F when clay burns--its black, nasty smelling
and will close up your throat (your body does not WANT to breath it). I'm
glad you are ok---but please dont use the microwave with clay.

Read more about plastics here---http://www.plastiquarian.com/ind2.htm

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

"nanner" wrote in message

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
DO NOT use a microwave with polymer clay. Within seconds you can burn

the
clay and release toxic gasses. Don't even wonder about this issue----it
like
having an "opinion" on whether or not to put tennis shoes in your
microwave
to dry them. (and DONT do that--for the same reasons!!)

I've worked with PC for more than twenty years and spoklen with many
chemists. DO NOT OVERHEAT polymer clay.

Sarajane Helm

hey there, what exact horror have i unleashed? i have burnt clay 2-3 times
tresting out my new toaster oven ( am i sunk?
--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
http://www.polyclay.com

See the progress at "Pieces"
http://www.polyclay.com/store.htm

"vervix" wrote in message
t...
So in the polymer clay newsgroup it is not ok to post a poll link about
polymer clay?

Then what should we talk about?

Old October 19th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
nanner

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message
. ..
since you are still typing, it sounds like you did not burn it long enough
to release enough hydrogen chloride gas to do you in! That is one of the
gasses that forms at over 380F when clay burns--its black, nasty smelling
and will close up your throat (your body does not WANT to breath it). I'm
glad you are ok---but please dont use the microwave with clay.

oh no - i didn't microwave it, just a few unfortunate incidents in the new
toaster oven. it was ugly looking and did smell bad though.

Read more about plastics here---http://www.plastiquarian.com/ind2.htm

thanks