When, and how, did YOU start beading?

Old September 19th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default When, and how, did YOU start beading?

I'm really enjoying reading the responses to this thread :-)

I have always liked beads though and had a nice collection of them, but
I never really did anything with them. Last year I was at a model (toy)
horse show and one of the exhibitors was selling horse necklace and
earring sets. I bought one, and gave the earrings to a friend. She had
done such a good job on the necklaces that I was inspired to try it
myself.

It's really funny. One of my main loves is cross-stitch, but for the
life of me, I just can't finish any project that I start. I have
always managed to finish a bead project. I don't get it :-D

Best,
Christine

Old September 23rd 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

I discovered beads about 15 years ago when I was working at a local fabric
store. The store carried just a small selection of Mill Hill seed beads at
the time, but the colors were so enchanting, I bought some just to have
them. I began to sew them onto things like pillows, scarves, etc. Thus
began the addiction. I went through phases - learning to stitch beads onto
cloth, then learning to string them. I then learned a few beadweaving
stitches, and began to make hair jewelry. After a few years of that, I began
to move to bigger beads, crystals and the like, and learned to make
bracelets, necklaces and such. Of course, then the internet came around and
I learned all about lampwork. RCB members gave me my first lampworking
class, and the rest is history.

I am mostly addicted to the sheer myriad of colors that beads come in - and
love to mess around with combinations. Funnily enough, I don't wear a lot
of jewelry. But I LOVE looking at it.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

How long have you been beading -- when did you start? And how'd that
disease creep into *your* hapless veins?

I know this Q has been done here before, but there are new people here.
So I thought it would be lovely if we all answered. It's a great way
to get to know each other better.

I'll step aside for now, and let someone else answer first. Then I'll
tell my story. Ready, Set ---Go!

Old September 28th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Dr. Sooz wrote:
How long have you been beading -- when did you start? And how'd that
disease creep into *your* hapless veins?

I know this Q has been done here before, but there are new people here.
So I thought it would be lovely if we all answered. It's a great way
to get to know each other better.

I'll step aside for now, and let someone else answer first. Then I'll
tell my story. Ready, Set ---Go!

My first beading experience that I can remember was at a friend's
birthday party. I think I was twelve or thirteen. I made a rather
chaotic necklace because I liked all the types of beads, and thus had
to have at least one of each on it. Later, I picked up a small loom at
a craft store and became addicted.

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com