Happy dance for Red Lake Project (and question for Dreamweaver)

Old December 31st 05, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Happy dance for Red Lake Project (and question for Dreamweaver)

I finished the first (and smaller) quilt for the Red Lake School
shooting project Dreamweaver initiated (has anyone 'seen' her lately
BTW? I don't recall reading messages from her). It is mostly done with
blocks made or forwarded to me by Snigs (one is signed Eileen crzikwilt
and another sais Janet), and though the style of the fabrics isnt't what
I am used to working with I tried to finish it with calicos. I think
Dreamweaver had requested twin quilts but these blocks went together and
asked to be made into a WH.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...32504089POTchn

My question is whether we are putting any kind of special label on these
quilts to unify the whole 'project'.

I am putting the other blocks up in the wall to see what they ask to be
made into.. I think I do have enough for a twin this time.
--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old January 1st 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Adorable! The calicos are perfect! They give a wonderful traditionally
'quilty' look to the work.
Great choice of fabrics!

chipper

Old January 2nd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi all and Dr. Q!

I've lost my news server and am learning Google, which has changed much
since I last used it, so if this doesn't show up right, hey chalk it up
to the learning curve!

Marissa, I asked for whatever spoke to each quilter, and so far so
good! Nice work. As for labels, so far I've received personalized
labels appropriate to each quilt/quilter but I like the idea of a label
to address the project. Let me give it some thought. In the mean
time, lable it with the quilt name (if it names itself), date or year
and your name plus anything else you deem wise to add (group name,
specific contributors perhaps), just trust yourself.

The pictures of the first two received are being processed as we speak.
I'll post them when I can.

Keep up the good work and Happy New Year!
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

Old January 2nd 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Bed quilts would be ideal!, but again, I'll take anything that seems
right to the quilter. It always works out perfect in the end.

Thanks again for all your support!
Whoohoo!
Dreamweaver

Old January 2nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Beautiful! I am working on the Seeing Stars Swap's Hug Quilt today!!!! Had
to wait until after the holidays and a couple of projects were behind me
before I could start it. Thank goodness for the new March
deadline!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because of the amount of blocks donated ours will turn
out to be a lap quilt.

Melissa in NJ

--
Pics of My Quilts: