Ot More about cahnging colors mid-working

Old March 12th 04, 07:32 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot More about cahnging colors mid-working

Thank you Tia Mary for , adding your side to the subject .
Of course with me making and planning ,my own works from scratch , it
can happen more often , but i find it is not very common.
In weaving i have to be well planned, once my warp is made it is made
, it is a highwayone can`t leave. And as i usauly preffer not to hide
my warp more than needed for settling it down ,,, i have to Know "what
i intend to do !" almost before dressing the loom. But even than i
find at times that i have to add to the weft something , that the
Combination of threads , needs or lacks, at that particular place.
At the work i spoke about , the difference of unraveling , the last
[text] row and change , Made such an important difference , that i had
to sit down and make a note in my workbook. And as i have been asked
to speak in a University [History deparatment] about my work , it`s
meaning and why i use Textile. I sat down to think about color in my
work, and came to the conclusion , that I probably use color as a
symbol. [ which conects probably to other work i did with historical
connections.] so now i make another run through my slides. And also
called 2 people who have written about my work . Next question is of
course if i use many colors or certain colors?
Any way the work is finnished and it tells it story , in it`s own way.
now i have to make a slide or 2 , as it is quite long.
mirjam