Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 16th 09, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_3_]

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

LOL!! I wear my wedding rings and a gold chain bracelet.......if I go out I
add gold hoop earrings and perhaps a neck chain. That's it. Is it age?
Could be cuz I am retired so don't have to dress for the office.

As for your suggestion re the light azore swaros, I do have some and will
try them with it tonight or tomorrow. Excellent idea. I think Dwyn
mentioned them too. The amazonite leans more to the greenish than robin's
egg tho. I have 3 strands in different sizes and none match. Blast!! My
daughter (Elayne) is good with the "hues" and colour matches. She is a
graphic artist and more. (photographer, painter, etc)

Hey, good idea about keeping the chit chat going. There is absolutely no
one in this town who is a beader that I know of. And we have 2 Michaels
stores but no LBS, so it is so nice to ask advice and compare notes.
Toronto is so big that it takes me 1.5 hours to get to BeadFX on a good day,
so that isn't in the cards. About 3 or 4 million people, if that gives you
an idea. I would love to take a bead crocheting class that they teach, but
3 hours of driving takes the fun out of it.

Cheers.....Heather

"Sterling" wrote in message
Problem is I rarely wear jewellery, lol.

You! A jewelry maker and you hardly wear jewelry? And I thought I was one
of a kind!!! Myself, I wear my wedding band, my watch, and occasionally I
wear my Sapphire ring. That's about it. I sort of got away from wearing
jewelry.
But have been designing an Amazonite and pearl necklace with brushed
silver. The pacific opal bicones are a bit off on the colour, so going
to try something else. Got over to BeadFX and Dwyn helped me out with
the colour thing......thank goodness.

FYI, I have some fantastic Amazonite pebbles that are a robins egg blue
(creamy blue with a touch of green - not a teal, and not your usual powder
blue) and I paired them with Light Azore Swaro's. It seems to be the only
Swaro color that works well with them since the hues are in the same
family. If you've never seen Light Azore before, don't be alarmed when you
look at them on the computer screen. Monitors just don't do them justice.
Think clear natural Aquamarine... the color is almost exact.