Musings on artistic development.

Old September 23rd 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Musings on artistic development.

I got my Oct/Nov issue of Beadwork. It's a great issue and the article
that stands out for me is 'In the Shadow of Vesuvius' page 60. The
artist featured is Maggie Meister. Her work is truly beautiful and it
inspires me because not only is she an accomplished bead artist, it's
also an excellent example of an artist's interpretation of a theme that
speaks to her. The Kantharos Urn Necklace thrills me to bits! I feel
as though my own work is still embryonic, even after 6 years and
reading this article made me think along the lines of culling my ideas
and focusing on one or two themes that speak to me. It doesn't mean
that I toss ideas away, it just means shelving a few while I push one
or two as far as I can to develop them more fully.

This issue of Beadwork is very good, I recommend it.
Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz