Latest bridesmaid update!

Old August 13th 03, 10:16 PM
Kate Dicey

Default Latest bridesmaid update!

The second dress stuff went up this evening. More work on this one. I
have tried to let it out a bit, but there wasn't really much to let out
- not as much as was needed, anyway!

Look in Kate's Sewing room, in the left hand column, at the bottom: How
to rescue a bias cut disaster!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 13th 03, 10:56 PM
L. Kelly

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
| The second dress stuff went up this evening. More work on this one. I
| have tried to let it out a bit, but there wasn't really much to let out
| - not as much as was needed, anyway!
|
| Look in Kate's Sewing room, in the left hand column, at the bottom: How
| to rescue a bias cut disaster!
| --
| Kate XXXXXX
| Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
| http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
| Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Kate!!

What a huge improvement!! These girls are lucky to have you working for them.

I hope you can find enough fabric in Jo's dress to make it fit her. Keep us all posted.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old August 14th 03, 02:00 AM
Norma

You've done it again! I hope Jo's dress will fit.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 14th 03, 10:18 AM
Kate Dicey

Norma wrote:

You've done it again! I hope Jo's dress will fit.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Not as much as I do! ;P

Old August 14th 03, 11:11 PM
Kate Dicey

Now you can see just how badly the pattern was cut, and the difference
between the size it was cut and the measurements of the girls...

Oh, it's bad, very bad!

But Jo's dress now fits well enough for her to breathe in it!

Old August 15th 03, 03:45 AM
taria

Breathing is fairly important Kate! Thanks for sharing
so well all you are doing. It is interesting to see
just how you are doing it all. I don't do much clothing
construction these days but you make it look so easy.
Taria

Kate Dicey wrote:

Now you can see just how badly the pattern was cut, and the difference
between the size it was cut and the measurements of the girls...

Oh, it's bad, very bad!

But Jo's dress now fits well enough for her to breathe in it!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old August 15th 03, 09:19 AM
Kate Dicey

taria wrote:

Breathing is fairly important Kate! Thanks for sharing
so well all you are doing. It is interesting to see
just how you are doing it all. I don't do much clothing
construction these days but you make it look so easy.
Taria

I like quilts for relaxation, but garments are my first best love!

I thought there were valuable lessons out there for all of us with these
dresses, which is why I have documented the alterations so closely,
despite the time restrictions.

Old August 15th 03, 08:40 PM
Stefani276

I thought there were valuable lessons out there for all of us with these
dresses, which is why I have documented the alterations so closely,
despite the time restrictions.

...and we thank you for it!

Stefanie
Old August 15th 03, 09:09 PM
Norma

Wow, Kate. This is really turning into a lesson for all of us. You could
write a booklet on this one for sure! Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am
finding it very educational.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 15th 03, 10:19 PM
Kate Dicey

Norma wrote:

Wow, Kate. This is really turning into a lesson for all of us. You could
write a booklet on this one for sure! Thanks for sharing. I, for one, am
finding it very educational.

Good! It's very scary that she gets other work! She had another whole
bridal party following this one!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Grandma's Bunnies latest update - HELP!!! Coleen Quilting 1 August 16th 04 10:55 PM
AD: BOOKS...more studio cleaning...and update on me Lori Greenberg Polymer Clay 3 December 5th 03 07:14 PM
Latest Mom update Sjpolyclay Beads 0 September 6th 03 09:17 PM
Latest bridesmaid update! Kate Dicey Quilting 3 August 14th 03 11:11 PM