Squishie Announcement!

Old February 18th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Squishie Announcement!

Wow, wow, WOW!

Dear hubby walked in the door this freezing afternoon, with the biggest
grin on his face - "You've been squished!" LOL He was so dearly cute
in his excitement. It was actually my order from HOP sent by FedEX.

But then the mailman came - and I ran out in the cold to get the mail!
Boy was it ever worth it. I have thanked my surprise squishier
privately already - but I couldn't help but share with you all!

DH took me shopping today - to make me buy a new winter coat for my
trip to MD - where it is currently snowing! YUCK! We went to
Dillard's where they have been having a huge coat sale, and of course
it is the end of the season here in Texas. They had exactly two wool
coats left to choose from! I was hoping for a full length, black wool,
double breasted coat. They had one full length, camel colored wool
coat, size 8 petite. It was way too snug in the shoulders and armpits
to be comfortable. And had no pockets! Fancy that, an overcoat with
no pockets?

But then my eye caught another wool coat mixed in with a bunch of
capes. It was bright red! Now being a red head - I have never worn
red in my life. Never had any desire or interest to. Until the last
year or so...... red has begun to catch my eye more and more. I took
it off the rack, looked at the tag inside, size 10, ok. Took it off
the hanger, pulled it on - wow, it fit perfectly and comfortably and
falls just below my knees, enough to keep my old, arthritic knees from
freezing to death. Instinctively ran my hands down the side, only to
have my hands naturally fall into side slash pockets! A beautifully
cut, tailored, lambswool coat that now hangs in my front coat closet!
The cost? $42.00 - marked down from $240.00 !

I get home, share an Irish Coffee with my DH, FedEx comes, the mail man
comes - I discover I have been squished twice in one day (once by my
own purchasing power) but once - WOW, once by a wonderful RCTQ friend
who sent me some absolutely gorgeous, rich fabrics!

One of which is a piece of hand dyed silk! O M G - silk! Now I just
can't imagine cutting up a piece of gorgeous silk like that into little
quilty pieces! So I'm gently loving and fondling and stroking this
wonderful piece of heaven, trying to imagine what I, inexperienced
quilter Tina is going to do with a lucsious piece of fabric like
this............... when it suddenly dawns on me......... this
beautiful piece of silk is shades of red! It will make an absolutely
gorgeous and divine scarf to match my new red coat! I will be so soft
and cuddly in my lambswool and silk scarf that everyone will want to
fondle me!

So to my fellow RCTQ'ers whom I will meet up with in MD - be prepared
to admire, oogle and aaah over my wonderful squishie !!!!!!!!! And to
my wonderful friend and RCTQ squisher - THANK YOU, thank you with all
my pea pickin' little heart! You sure made my frostbitten day!

Hugs,
Tina, back to my warm couch to fondle that silk some more! WOW

Old February 18th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Now wait; I want to see all of these gorgeous things -- stash raid is
necessary. How about tomorrow -- so I know where to come while you are in
Maryland?!

oups.com...

Old February 19th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...

So to my fellow RCTQ'ers whom I will meet up with in MD - be prepared
to admire, oogle and aaah over my wonderful squishie !!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Squishie Fairy is really looking out for you!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old February 19th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sure -- the more the merrier!
"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
Can I come???

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old February 19th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you sooo mmmuch Kathy for that beautiful squishie you sent to me. I
just love it! You made my day!
Cyndi

Old February 19th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

OOOHHHHHH!!

Sounds just yummy!!
--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old February 19th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Karen, you know I would love to have you come too!

One of these days................

Hugs,
Tina