Trip around the world pic

Old June 22nd 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Trip around the world pic

Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell. It
is in the Trip around the World pattern. It measures 75" x 75" making
it a large lap quilt. They are hanging on the quilt rack ajacent to
each other and so represent a pair of studies of uses of the same
squares, but in both random placement and organized pattern. It is
interesting to see what the effect is, when viewed. I like them both
but for different reasons. Now it's on to the next challenge after a
day of rest and chores. Enjoy.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635XIChaY

John

Old June 22nd 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

Amazing! It would take me years of persistence to turn out even one
of those two quilts. I'd be an emotional wreck if I tried to do two
of them. Nevertheless, they are wonderful!!

Old June 22nd 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_2_]

wrote:

Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell. It
is in the Trip around the World pattern. It measures 75" x 75" making
it a large lap quilt. They are hanging on the quilt rack ajacent to
each other and so represent a pair of studies of uses of the same
squares, but in both random placement and organized pattern. It is
interesting to see what the effect is, when viewed. I like them both
but for different reasons. Now it's on to the next challenge after a
day of rest and chores. Enjoy.

Neat! It's amazing to see how different they are.

Louise
Old June 22nd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
John wrote:

Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell. It
is in the Trip around the World pattern. It measures 75" x 75" making
it a large lap quilt. They are hanging on the quilt rack ajacent to
each other and so represent a pair of studies of uses of the same
squares, but in both random placement and organized pattern. It is
interesting to see what the effect is, when viewed. I like them both
but for different reasons. Now it's on to the next challenge after a
day of rest and chores. Enjoy.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635XIChaY

John

Beautiful, John. You're right -- they're both wonderful for different
reasons. It's amazing that the same fabrics can create such different
styles!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) embarqmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)
Old June 22nd 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

Oh WOW! what a beauty.
Hugs
Shirley

In message . com, John
writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old June 22nd 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Great idea to do the random and the strict placement.
I didn't realise (remember?) that you were going to do the TATW with the
half-square triangles also. So, I got a wonderful surprise.
It is another great quilt, John. That is an awful lot of half-square
triangles! Well done you.
..
In message . com, John
writes
Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell. It
is in the Trip around the World pattern. It measures 75" x 75" making
it a large lap quilt. They are hanging on the quilt rack ajacent to
each other and so represent a pair of studies of uses of the same
squares, but in both random placement and organized pattern. It is
interesting to see what the effect is, when viewed. I like them both
but for different reasons. Now it's on to the next challenge after a
day of rest and chores. Enjoy.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635XIChaY

John

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old June 22nd 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

They are indeed both wonderful in different ways. Well done too!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
ups.com...

Old June 22nd 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

John wrote:

Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell. It
is in the Trip around the World pattern. It measures 75" x 75" making
it a large lap quilt. They are hanging on the quilt rack ajacent to
each other and so represent a pair of studies of uses of the same
squares, but in both random placement and organized pattern. It is
interesting to see what the effect is, when viewed. I like them both
but for different reasons. Now it's on to the next challenge after a
day of rest and chores. Enjoy.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635XIChaY

John

What a fascinating contrast! Thanks for sharing those pictures. Is
the library project next?

Mary
Old June 22nd 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

wrote:

Here is the picture of the companion piece for The Quilt From Hell.

Dazzling! What a lot of work!

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt

OT World Cup Wow! KJ Quilting 3 June 15th 06 01:12 PM
OT World Cup KJ Quilting 33 June 13th 06 04:31 PM
Help From Around The World rperkins Quilting 7 October 24th 04 07:36 PM