Yeah, 2 items finished

Old April 11th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener

Default Yeah, 2 items finished

And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

http://myembroidery.bigblog.com.au/gallery.do

The pics are of rather average quality, as the light was fading while I was
getting the photos. When I have finished items - a pyramid etui and a
needlebook - I will put some pics of them up too.

Cheers

Joanne

Old April 11th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/11/07 7:13 AM, "The Lady Gardener" wrote:

And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

http://myembroidery.bigblog.com.au/gallery.do

The pics are of rather average quality, as the light was fading while I was
getting the photos. When I have finished items - a pyramid etui and a
needlebook - I will put some pics of them up too.

Cheers

Joanne

Very nice. Is this your first course with CA? I'll be curious to hear your
comments. Did you have plenty of material to get all the pre-work done? The
last few she did here - there was a big issue with kits being short and then
getting stuff in time, etc.

The pieces are always beautiful - the "teaching" is another thing
altogether. She is a very charming person, however.

Enjoy!

Ellice

Old April 11th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener

"ellice" wrote in message
Very nice. Is this your first course with CA? I'll be curious to hear your
comments. Did you have plenty of material to get all the pre-work done? The
last few she did here - there was a big issue with kits being short and then
getting stuff in time, etc.

The pieces are always beautiful - the "teaching" is another thing
altogether. She is a very charming person, however.

Enjoy!

Ellice

yes there was plenty of material to do the pre-work with, though I have to
say that the charts were pretty abysmal and the instructions somewhat light
on in detail. The linen supplied was nothing special, and not overly
generous in size - to the point where I had to hunt out some of my very
small frames to put it in. While I coped quite adequately with what was
supplied I know myself to be a very parsomonious stitcher and usually have
plenty of thread left over.

I'll let you know how the 'teaching' goes after the event.......all I really
want to learn is the 'special' finishing technique - which I think I have a
bit of an insight into already.

joanne

Old April 11th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

She (CA) generally uses Brussels linen, which is quite stiff, and most
needlework shops don't carry it for general consumption. Some years back,
when I was working at the LNS, the owner actually ordered some as many
people needed to replace, add to their kits. Then there was not enough of
the overdyed thread - for real. Bit issue - took 6 weeks to get responses
from the instructor to get some material for people. But, now my friend
also has a roll in stock of the stiffener (which is generally used for
upholstery).

Charts - tee hee. One of the pieces I did - the color chart was full of
mistakes, she told us that she fixed it, and just didn't want to spend the
money to make new color copies so we would have to correct them ourselves.
Very badly done - and left a bad taste in the mouth of many of us as the
classes are pretty expensive.

I'll let you know how the 'teaching' goes after the event.......all I really
want to learn is the 'special' finishing technique - which I think I have a
bit of an insight into already.

The hinge stitch is certainly worth knowing if you're going to do things
that box up, so to speak. We got a big lecture about "you can use this
personally but don't design with it because "I have a patent on it" " .
Interesting thought.

But, CA is indeed a charming, personable, person. Have a good time!

ellice

Old April 11th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/11/07 7:13 AM, in article
, "The Lady Gardener"
wrote:

And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

http://myembroidery.bigblog.com.au/gallery.do

The pics are of rather average quality, as the light was fading while I was
getting the photos. When I have finished items - a pyramid etui and a
needlebook - I will put some pics of them up too.

Cheers

Joanne

I want to know about the pot....C

Old April 11th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
The Lady Gardener

"The Lady Gardener" wrote.....

And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

http://myembroidery.bigblog.com.au/gallery.do

Joanne

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

I want to know about the pot....C

It's lovely, isn't it. It was my leaving gift from my former employer. It
is hand blown glass and done here in Western Australia by a local artist,
Peter Reynolds.
The little witches who made my last year of work with this employer do
miserable thought they'd get a bottle of champagne (I am almost a non
drinker courtesy of the loss of portion of my tongue to cancer) but
fortunately that plan deeply offended so many of my co-workers who told me,
and I was able to collude with the CEO's secretary for much nicer, and more
appropriate gift after 13 years of service. Just reinforces the maxim that
age and treachery always win over youth and stupidity...oops, perhaps it
should be enthusiasm, but stupidity is so much better fitting.

Cheers Joanne

Old April 11th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

The Lady Gardener wrote:
The little witches who made my last year of work with this employer do
miserable thought they'd get a bottle of champagne (I am almost a non
drinker courtesy of the loss of portion of my tongue to cancer) but
fortunately that plan deeply offended so many of my co-workers who told me,
and I was able to collude with the CEO's secretary for much nicer, and more
appropriate gift after 13 years of service.

For one of my dad's numerous anniversary dates (same employer for 50
years), they called Mom and asked what they could get him that he would
actually appreciate, and she suggested a fairly expensive set of tools
that he'd had his eye on. The employer agreed that it was much more
suitable than a gold watch.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 1/26/07 -- Classy Lady in Coral (JCS) -- done in purple to
match the companion piece

WIP: housewarming gift, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old April 12th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"ellice" wrote in message
[...]

Make sure you thoroughly understand how to do the stitch before the class is
over as there won't be any 'written' instructions given to take home with
you!

I agree, she is a lovely person and I enjoyed her class but she is very
protective of her finishing techniques. I hope that some day when she gives
up teaching she will record them so that they aren't lost to the stitching
world!

Mavia

Mavia

Old April 12th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/11/07 6:21 PM, in article
, "The Lady Gardener"
wrote:

"The Lady Gardener" wrote.....

And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

http://myembroidery.bigblog.com.au/gallery.do

Joanne

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

I want to know about the pot....C

It's lovely, isn't it. It was my leaving gift from my former employer. It
is hand blown glass and done here in Western Australia by a local artist,
Peter Reynolds.

It is just stunning. I enjoyed looking at your work, but I kept coming back
to look at the pot!

The little witches who made my last year of work with this employer do
miserable thought they'd get a bottle of champagne (I am almost a non
drinker courtesy of the loss of portion of my tongue to cancer) but
fortunately that plan deeply offended so many of my co-workers who told me,
and I was able to collude with the CEO's secretary for much nicer, and more
appropriate gift after 13 years of service. Just reinforces the maxim that
age and treachery always win over youth and stupidity...oops, perhaps it
should be enthusiasm, but stupidity is so much better fitting.

Cheers Joanne

Good for you and them!

Old April 13th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

On Apr 11, 11:13 pm, "The Lady Gardener" wrote:
And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

Lovely work Joanne
and thank you for sharing your pictures.
Regards, Annette