Not real sure what happened to...

Old September 18th 05, 01:35 AM
frood

Pirates don't need no group hugs.... er, mebbe we do.... Avast! Watch out
for the hook!

--
Capn Grainne O'Malley the Drunken Tongue
Talk Like a Pirate Day, Sept. 19, 2005

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Thank you. (aw shucks digging of toe in dirt) Sometimes I sweat bullets
after I hit send because it is a real trick to write what I mean. Words
are such fragile tools.
I think its time for a group hug.
Diana

Sandy Foster wrote:

Well said, Diana -- as usual.

Old September 18th 05, 01:44 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Oh, there'll be pics - not sure what the youngest will be, but the
oldest wants to be a Pokemon or Neopet character...now if I can convince
him to be the "Butterfree" or "Beautifly" it'd be cool all around. But
then again - he's a boy so we'll just have to hope that he will
understand when I start screaming after he changes his mind after he's
said "This is it, really Mom" for the 50 millionth time - no matter
*what* the costume is...I know, not unheard of for girls either.....

Monarch/Matriarch.... as long as he knows *who's* in charge!!

Sue

In article ,
"Butterfly" wrote:

Now we have to have pictures of this : ) I cn't wait to see you'all decked
out

Butterfly (DH says I'm his Monarch ; )

Old September 18th 05, 01:49 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Christo is 8
Xander is 5
Nichos is 2
Ron will never grow up - but then again that's one of the reasons I
married him (I have to keep reminding myself of that!)
Casper is 4-ish and shedding white german shephard hair EVERYWHERE!

I'm seriously outnumbered!!! (My Mary Kay meetings come in handy with
the major estrogen fix each week!)

Luckily the CT only occurs when I abuse my hands, but even rotary
cutting for a large project can irritate. It's quite poopy sometimes!

Sue

In article ,
Diana Curtis wrote:

Oh, my, what a fabulous compliment! Thank you! I happen to have a lovely
geode a friend opened right before my very eyes and can only hope I'm
that nice on the inside.
I really feel for you. Carpal tunnel is so nasty. I dont remember how
old your sons are, but they wont be little forever, and even tho its
hard to wait there will come a day when you will have time. Im glad
youve decided to hang out here and keep in touch with your quilty side.
Hugs, and a bit of the good stuff (I snuck it out of Pat's stash) to
nibble on,
Diana

Old September 18th 05, 01:50 AM
Diana Curtis

Could one of those fancy electric scissors enable you to cut without pain?
You really do have a full house. I envy only the hugs and kisses you
must get some days.
Diana

Old September 18th 05, 01:58 AM
Sue DiNapoli

Carol -

Oh, I SO wish I could follow that order!!! I think once things settle
down I will be able to set up some quilty time....it's been hard without
it. We had an electrician here trying to follow the wishes of the
inspector and was asking my husband what the big white "furry" wall was
in my office and could it be taken down? My DH replied "It's her design
wall for quilts." Lee, the electrician - without skipping a beat, said
"Nope, not touching that - she'll be wanting that!" Of course, now
it's covered by lots of other things that I need to displace, ARGH!!!
(There's my inner pirate again!) Where *IS* my DH with that hot fudge
sundae!?!?!?

I *might* try to work with the fourth graders in our elementary school
this year and make a quilt with them...kind of an A to Z "New York
History" themed quilt....it would be an adventure and quite the learning
experience for ALL involved. Several different mediums for the quilt
blocks as well as a cohesive learning tool when they are done. (We had
talked about it last year and it didn't happen, maybe it's time to
revisit the issue?)

Sue

So, Sue, get to work on something quilty to take your mind off of what
troubles you! That's an order!

Carol in TX,
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old September 18th 05, 02:01 AM
Sue DiNapoli

From teen years on? Try from the time they leave the womb in our
house!! It seems that it's all theirs here. Sometimes I need to lock
my doors - eldest used several spools of thread to make "spiderwebs" and
"nets" around the house. It was quite ingenious - and infuriating at
the same time! Smart little bugger.

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Sue DiNapoli wrote:
Well, the office isn't just an "office" it has books and PTA stuff and
my collection of sewing machines (except 2) and a TV...and my Mary Kay
business - which I've started in the past year. But I can't even do
*that* very much with the fact of three little DS and a DH who uses
weekends as time to get household things done (um, hello....doesn't the
SAHM get time to HERSELF?!?!?!?!)

*snort* Time to yourself? What's that? *giggle*

Just wait until they get bigger and assume ownership of your stuff.
From teen years on, what's theirs is theirs, and what's yours is theirs...

Old September 18th 05, 03:39 AM
Taria

every year at this time especially I am reminded how lucky your kids
are to have such a fun mom. \
Thanks for the smile.
Taria, ducking from the hook!

Old September 18th 05, 04:07 AM
Julia in MN

Sue DiNapoli wrote:
Luckily the CT only occurs when I abuse my hands, but even rotary
cutting for a large project can irritate. It's quite poopy sometimes!

Have you tried one of the ergonomic cutters? I have the Olfa ergonomic
cutter, and my hand doesn't get as sore from cutting as with the
ordinary cutter.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old September 18th 05, 09:22 AM
Sally Swindells

From teen years on? Try from the time they leave the womb in our

the black rose wrote:

Sue DiNapoli wrote:
Well, the office isn't just an "office" it has books and PTA stuff and
my collection of sewing machines (except 2) and a TV...and my Mary Kay
business - which I've started in the past year. But I can't even do
*that* very much with the fact of three little DS and a DH who uses
weekends as time to get household things done (um, hello....doesn't the
SAHM get time to HERSELF?!?!?!?!)

*snort* Time to yourself? What's that? *giggle*

Just wait until they get bigger and assume ownership of your stuff.
From teen years on, what's theirs is theirs, and what's yours is theirs...

And hide the scissors!!! They don't work after cutting model
airplanes. I have a surfeit of ex-beautiful scissors usable for
cutting paper only!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old September 18th 05, 01:50 PM
frood

Hmm. DH thinks it's quite odd that my littlest know the words to the Buffy
musical. Hearing Spike sing "Walk thru the fire" is just hilarious to me! I
told DH it could be worse... I could be teaching them Captain and Tennille
songs.

--

frood wrote:

Pirates don't need no group hugs.... er, mebbe we do.... Avast! Watch out
for the hook!

How to make a butterfly body look real? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 7 April 16th 04 09:51 AM
Ok, this time for real Jalynne Beads 13 February 11th 04 05:17 AM
New free BOM for 2004 --real purdy! Kathy in CA Quilting 2 February 4th 04 12:37 PM
Nice 1941 Singer Sewing Machine real wood Cherry Cabinet mickey Quilting 4 October 29th 03 06:19 PM