A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Craft related newsgroups » Jewelry
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Who has the right to know?

Old March 12th 05, 06:20 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,
external usenet poster

Default Who has the right to know?

On , in àõ "Greyangel" wrote:

Since I just found this group I have no opinion whatsoever on the
individuals who spend time here.

that'll change. You'll soon grow to love us all. (grin) Well, maybe.

By the way, newcomers to the group might wish to pay attention to the dates of the posts
they are responding to. It used to be that news servers retained old messages for maybe
a month or six weeks at best. Now, some news servers (such as giganews) retain messages
for as much as a year, and those reading the group on Google groups, can go back to
about 1996, I think, before the group even became moderated.

While there's no restriction against responding to an old post, people may wish to
consider whether they wish to jump into a conversation that' died months ago. You're
welcome, of course, to start it up again, resurrecting the dead, if you like, just be
aware that you're doing it. regular readers, having already waded through old posts,
won't see anything more than a couple weeks old in their news readers, as a general
rule, and may be confused about just where, out of the blue, a response to an old post
is coming from. This particular conversation was from last August, for example.

cheers

Peter Rowe
rec.crafts.jewelry
Ads