"flex on rings"???

Old October 23rd 04, 03:58 AM
Puffins

Default "flex on rings"???

I'm looking at making a valence that calls for flex on rings. It's on a Mc
Calls pattern. It looks like big plastic (not metal grommets" that the curtain
rod just slides through. I can't find them anywhere locally. The pattern even
says that Trading Spaces has used them.
any ideas where to get this?
Thank you very much,
Donna
Old October 23rd 04, 04:44 AM
Pati Cook

Donna,
try checking the McCall's website for more specific info. Frequently they will
be able to tell you at least the company that makes them, then contact the company
to see who in your area carries them. I have seen them demoed on TV, but not in
person.

HTH,
Pati, in Phx

Old October 23rd 04, 05:24 AM
nana2b

I just ordered them from the McCall's website to make drapes for my bedroom.
You sew the tape onto the top of the fabric, attach the rings (they snap
together) and put it on the rod and you are done! The only problem I had is
that I ordered white tape with white rings, when it arrived black rings were
in the box. I called and Kiley was very nice and had another set sent to
me, but guess what, these are black too. It says right on the invoice WHITE
and on the second one too. Frustrating! So now on Monday I will call
again......

You can find something similar at Hancock Fabrics, but it was more
expensive.

Linda in Texas (still without drapes in my bedroom)

Old October 23rd 04, 07:05 AM
Puffins

Thank you! I found the info on the McCalls website, but interestingly enough,
nowhere else. I will order some!
Thank you,
Donna

Old October 23rd 04, 01:11 PM
Jessamy

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...=1&UK=34731315

there you go... it was hiding under hookless :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands