What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

Old April 7th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

I would make a Summer shirt or even a simmer shawl with it
mirjam
also dolls , a vest a bag .... etc

Hi Laura,

I've made baby things like this hat and booties:
http://home.earthlink.net/~themargul...hatbooties.jpg

And this hat:
http://home.earthlink.net/~themargul...aranbucket.jpg

Take care,
Ellen
http://naturallycurly.blogspot.com

Old April 7th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Those are so cute, Ellen

Glad to hear it can be used for clothing. But how does it fare after being
washed? I gather from Michaela's comments that it shrinks a lot the first
time (which is fine with me - all my baby sweaters come out huge!). But
does it get stiff or softer after many washes? Does it pill? Any other
issues?

Thanks!

LauraJ

ups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I always wash it like ALL my Knits with Hair shampoo , i make a swatch
and measure before and after wash ,,,, and later it gets softer with
my washings
mirjam

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Those are so cute, Ellen

Glad to hear it can be used for clothing. But how does it fare after being
washed? I gather from Michaela's comments that it shrinks a lot the first
time (which is fine with me - all my baby sweaters come out huge!). But
does it get stiff or softer after many washes? Does it pill? Any other
issues?

Thanks!

LauraJ

oups.com...

Old April 7th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

A swiffer NORA ? what is that ,,
How are you DoinG Laura ?
mirjam

Hi Laura,

I've made quite a few doilies with it, but I love the swiffer idea, may
have to make one as I have two big cones of the stuff left.

Good to see you posting again, how's the little one?

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 7th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I'd try to make a swap

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old April 7th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Qintes" wrote in message

Shel wrote:

I also use it to make pads for my swiffer...which is pretty darn easy,
just chain about 43 then sc in second stitch and continue across, ch1,
turn and repeat until large enough...

OH MAN Shel....as unfortunate as it sounds, I'm in love with my swiffer
and this is a cool idea. I have lots of cotton and am getting tired of
crocheting matts. Tomorrow...I'm making swiffer pads! See...you never
know when you'll have an idea that makes someone else's day. Thanks!
Pamjam

Shel

I love my swiffer too! LOL Got tired of buying pads cuz i use that thing
daily (have a dog that loves to grab "handfulls" of outside and bring it in
) Was going to use cloth diapers and sew velcro on them, never got
around to buying any LOL always have cotton on hand though great way
to get rid of the scraps of cotton too Your welcome and glad I could
make your day
Shel

Old April 8th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Check it out Mirjam!
Pamjam

http://www.homemadesimple.com/sites/...sh/index.shtml

Old April 8th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shel,

You made my day too. I had hardwood floors thoughtout the house and
love my swiffer, now I have a use for the cotton yarn, thanks so much
for the pattern.

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 8th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Laura J wrote:
I have 6 balls (720 yds) of Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. I know it is usually
used for dishcloths but that is more dishcloths than I care to make! Any
ideas? Has anyone ever made a baby sweater out of it? How does it
wear/wash?

Thanks!

LauraJ

I've crocheted summer beanie-style hats, long skinny strips used as
belts or headbands (about 5-6 feet long, two rows of hdc), change
purses, simple pouch purses (two rectangles and a handle), cell phone
holders, keychain fobs...

I find it works up as a 'crunchy' type fabric, which I happen to like,
fortunately! For sweaters I'd prefer mercerized cotton, or the Bernat
Cottontots.

I'm also planning juggling balls, perhaps other small toys would
work...I'm thinking bath scrubbies for kids might work too.

Michelle

Old April 10th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

When we first moved into this house a year and a half ago I hated that
it was all hardwood. It felt so un-homey. But when I saw how fun and
easy it is to clean hardwood I fell in love. I don't know if I'll ever
want carpet again!
Pamjam