Who is Steve?

Old May 17th 05, 06:25 AM
starlia

Default Who is Steve?

I'm just wondering who Steve is? I received an email from him this
evening. Yes my incoming email works. My outgoing SMTP has had issues
for months and it's annoying.

Steve says that I may be a very nice person but I obviously have some
emotional issues. Who doesn't Steve?

From Steve: "When you can't get any attention by mentioning that your

marriage is on the rocks, you resort to spiders coming in from the
ceiling
with overtones of being haunted - may I suggest that what is haunting
you is
not anything so horrid - just a case of look at me and possibly a bit
of
your conscience."

Perhaps I have a guilty conscience. I'm sorry that I didn't say
goodbye to my grandmother like I should have before she died. I'm very
sorry that my mother and I never resolved our lifelong issues we had.
The fact that I said what I did about spiders was not to get attention
but perhaps get some insight on any avenues medically I hadn't thought
about. I haven't talked about because I don't feel this is an all
together appropriate place sometimes. I have friends I can talk to off
the board and on. As I remember this place is somewhere I feel safe
and confortable with others. I have been here for a while and like
many of the folks here.

From Steve: "I am not saying anything to you to be unkind - I am just

trying to pull you
back into reality and help you be the person you should be. You don't
need
to make up stories of the bizzare to be liked - or always be the center
of
attention. Learn to be content with yourself. I realize that you have
bit of a weight problem, that stems from self esteem - get that under
control a bit and you will start to feel better about yourself. Stop
feeding your emotional needs with food and stories. Concentrate on
your
glass work and on being an honest person and you will attain the
attention
you desire in a good way and not in a way where people are constantly
talking behind your back and not liking you very much."

If you think I'm making up stories you are a very sad person. If folks
talk behind another's back then it's not my problem is it Steve? How
would you know anyhow unless you are one of them. Even is you are one
of the folks talking behind my back, who cares? I don't even know you.
BTW - I'm very content with myself. Where does the weight thing come
into place? How in the world would you know what I look like?

From Steve: "By the way, your student is interesting - I am sure we

both know why - this
is another way of gleaning attention and trying to prove your worth -
please
stop all this nonsense. Your poor husband must be in constant
turmoil!"

What way is this student interesting from any other's? She is a very
nice woman who is house bound most days. She doesn't drive because she
has a seizure disorder. Her beads are very nice and they are up on
eBay under her ID. Are you trying to say this is me? Get real Steve.
I was trying to help boost her confidence in selling items on eBay. If
you saw my postings about her you would know her name. You would also
know her eBay ID if you even looked and maybe contact her about her
identity. I'm sure she would love to laugh in your face.

So Steve the ball is in your court. What did you gain from this email?
Why send it? What is the need?

Old May 17th 05, 06:55 AM
Jim Redden

He sounds like a trouble maker, must be realted to the religous freak and
the survival clown

SCREW HIM!

Jim

Beadgasms for all!

"starlia" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm just wondering who Steve is? I received an email from him this
evening. Yes my incoming email works. My outgoing SMTP has had issues
for months and it's annoying.

Steve says that I may be a very nice person but I obviously have some
emotional issues. Who doesn't Steve?

From Steve: "When you can't get any attention by mentioning that your

[...]

From Steve: "I am not saying anything to you to be unkind - I am just

[...]

From Steve: "By the way, your student is interesting - I am sure we

Old May 17th 05, 06:58 AM
starlia

Is this the infamous kill-file person? I forgot all about him. Well
now at least we all know he's still somewhat bored out of his mind to
be picking on me. I just read through some old stuff and had to roll
my eyes all over again.

Old May 17th 05, 07:00 AM
starlia

I must be missing something. I have to go back and see the religious
freak and survival clown. LOL

Old May 17th 05, 07:30 AM
Polly S.

starlia wrote:
Is this the infamous kill-file person? I forgot all about him. Well
now at least we all know he's still somewhat bored out of his mind to
be picking on me. I just read through some old stuff and had to roll
my eyes all over again.

Somehow I seriously doubt Ron the holy roller is your 'Steve'. Did you
check his email address to see if it looked familiar or legit... or
*try* to reply to his email?

Seriously doubt anyone here can help you with this one if you don't
know who he is.

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old May 17th 05, 07:58 AM
starlia

I haven't read any of Ron's posts or even know what he is all about.
Steve's email is . The name he posts under is
BeadsofGlass Forever. No I didn't reply to his email because of my
smtp problems, not that I really would want to.

Old May 17th 05, 04:15 PM
JC

Starlia, It sounds like Steve was just trying to help you - just not
very nicely and in a VERY forward manner. So maybe just chalk it up to
mislead good intention and hope that if he was well intentioned that he
is perhaps more gentle & loving in the future? I'm sure there is a
love of humanity in his thoughts for you so maybe choose to take the
love and ignore the offense. Perhaps you will serve to teach him (and
us) something in the long run. Just a thought...

JC
www.jcherrellglass.com
http://stores.ebay.com/JC-Herrell-Glass

Old May 17th 05, 05:14 PM
Kalera Stratton

starlia wrote:
I'm just wondering who Steve is? I received an email from him this
evening. Yes my incoming email works. My outgoing SMTP has had issues
for months and it's annoying.

Steve says that I may be a very nice person but I obviously have some
emotional issues. Who doesn't Steve?

From Steve: "When you can't get any attention by mentioning that your

[...]

From Steve: "I am not saying anything to you to be unkind - I am just

[...]

From Steve: "By the way, your student is interesting - I am sure we

[...]

He seems to be a lurker who had something to say to you privately. I
didn't seen anything that needed to be posted publicly, by you or by
him. Please, unless someone is verbally abusive or making threats, abide
by the rules of ettiquette that keep private emails private. I was
embarrassed to read this.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old May 17th 05, 05:22 PM
starlia

JC and Kalera I'm sorry to have posted this. I see that I am not
welcome here and will leave. I do love this group and love the support
offered. However, if you guys feel the same way Steve does then I see
that I have no business being here. I'm sure there won't be any
"please come backs" so I won't bother looking.

Old May 17th 05, 05:51 PM
Kalera Stratton

starlia wrote:
JC and Kalera I'm sorry to have posted this. I see that I am not
welcome here and will leave. I do love this group and love the support
offered. However, if you guys feel the same way Steve does then I see
that I have no business being here. I'm sure there won't be any
"please come backs" so I won't bother looking.

(posted & emailed)

Starlia, you are having a very emotional reaction right now to something
that I am sure with time you will see is not that big of a deal. You are
certainly not unwelcome here, as I know you will realize soon when you
cool down. You are well-loved, including your eccentricities.

Saying that I am not comfortable with you posting private email to you
on the group is not the same as saying that I feel the way that Steve
does... I don't know who Steve is, let alone how he feels. His email
contained no threats and, while it may have been misled, it also seemed
to contain concern for you, not malice. It is not appropriate to post
private emails unless the email contains outright verbal abuse or
threats... that's just simple ettiquette. Yes, it was embarrassing to
read it; it should have been dealt with privately.

The bottom line is, yes, we know you're a drama queen with a compelling
imagination, but we also know you have a heart of gold. Do you need to
come down to earth at times? Yes, I will agree with that. But that
doesn't mean anyone wants you to go away. I think I can safely speak
for most of the people on this group when I say that we care about you a
lot and want the best for you, and would like you to stick around so we
can be at least some kind of support as you make it through this rather
rocky part of your life, so we can see you come safely through the other
side.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com