I talk a mile here, don't you think?

Old July 14th 03, 06:29 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default I talk a mile here, don't you think?

But that is my way. Just try to bear with me, OK? Now about
those marks....I have the pins for marking section of
stitches but the stitch marks..I know you know what I
mean...I do not have. Should I just have a piece of yarn as
a markers?
Best: Pirjo

Old July 14th 03, 06:58 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Oh Anna-Maria..Should have known you and all others are
there for me. You always have been. And I am grateful for
that. Must think of that yarnpiece thing...it really makes
me a bit sad and frustrated when every time I must count and
recount.
Best: Pirjo
Anna MCM kirjoitti
Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:

But that is my way. Just try to bear with me, OK? Now

about
those marks....I have the pins for marking section of
stitches but the stitch marks..I know you know what I
mean...I do not have. Should I just have a piece of yarn

as
a markers?
Best: Pirjo

Pirjo donīt worry and ask as much as you want.
So sorry that I canīt help you with knitting since I

should need a lot
of help myself (I accomplished to finish two or three

swaters in my
life, thanks my someone elseīs costant help).
Anyway, about the markers: I am quite sure that you can

use a piece of
yarn as a marker (just choose a contrasting colour).

Little safety pins
do their job as well. I use both these methods when I need

markers while
crocheting.

Good luck!

Anna Maria

Old July 14th 03, 07:39 PM
NoraBalcer

Pirjo,

Talk about counting, I made an aran sweater and with the design you had to
count every row so I know how frustrating it can get. Yes, like Anna Maria said
use a contrasting color yarn to make a marker.

Hugs,

Aunt Nora
Old July 14th 03, 07:58 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Ah Auntie dear...Should have known someone has experience
about that counting and re-counting. I think the yarn trick
is the only thing I can do now.
Best: Pirjo, your niece
NoraBalcer kirjoitti

Old July 14th 03, 08:49 PM
Anna MCM

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:

Ah Auntie dear...Should have known someone has experience
about that counting and re-counting. I think the yarn trick
is the only thing I can do now.

Pirjo, another trick just in case.
Maybe you already do it, but counting stitches by two or three makes
things a bit easier.
Try 2,4,6... or 3,6,9, as you like.
Believe me, counting the first row of filet crochet is no fun (the fun
begins on the second-third row :-).

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 15th 03, 09:41 AM
Johanna Koski

But that is my way. Just try to bear with me, OK? Now about
those marks....I have the pins for marking section of
stitches but the stitch marks..I know you know what I
mean...I do not have. Should I just have a piece of yarn as
a markers?

When I was 13 and made my first sweater with cirulars as round,
I used pieces of yarn to mark sides. It's good, I haven't ever
got familiar with the "real" markers and I learned out of the
marking thing But contrast color yarn is good and cheap way
to keep track on rows or stitches.

Johanna

--
Johanna Koski
Finland, Europe
Old July 15th 03, 03:03 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:41:55 +0300, Johanna Koski wrote:

But that is my way. Just try to bear with me, OK? Now about
those marks....I have the pins for marking section of
stitches but the stitch marks..I know you know what I
mean...I do not have. Should I just have a piece of yarn as
a markers?

When I was 13 and made my first sweater with cirulars as round,
I used pieces of yarn to mark sides. It's good, I haven't ever
got familiar with the "real" markers and I learned out of the
marking thing But contrast color yarn is good and cheap way
to keep track on rows or stitches.

I use stitch markers to mark the increase points in my favorite top-down
sweater pattern, but I've found I can't use yarn, so I use O-rings. I tend
to knit without looking, and if the marker feels like a stitch, sooner or
later it will get knit.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/