OT minor annoyances

Old May 4th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT minor annoyances

Anybody who knows me knows I am creative- in ALL areas of my life. So, why
does a (male) friend call, ask what I'm doing and then act surprised when
I'm vacuuming out my oven... and even sound a bit concerned at my choice of
early morning activities??? There's a perfectly logical explanation....
my gas cooking stove is not level. I'm not strong enough to level it, so I
live with it. The pineapple-upside-down cake cooked over the top of the
pan because the pan was not level inside the oven. The spill made a nasty
burned-on mess in my oven. I used the self-cleaning oven feature which
reduced the good-sized boil over to a large pile of white ash. Rather than
try to use a damp paper towel to get the ashes out of there, and possibly
shove some ash thru the heat openings and into the lower innards of the
oven, I simply vacuumed up the ash. Now all that long explanation is
because this friend couldn't/wouldn’t simply accept that I chose to vacuum
my oven in the privacy of my own home and let it go at that.

And then he forgot why he called in the first place and had to call back
again when he remembered. But he sure didn't ask what I was doing the
second time he called.

Sheesh! Men!!!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old May 4th 11, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Now that is really funny. Mind you, I can sort of understand the
incomprehension!!
..
In message , Leslie & The Furbabies in
MO. writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old May 4th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Leslie, it sounds perfectly logical to me . . . in fact, it makes me
think I should check into using the self-clean feature in my own oven
now that I have a good way to get rid of the ash.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old May 4th 11, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

this is really sad. i am taking a break from kitchen cleaning and i was
just vacuuming the oven
just the drawer but still the oven, and the underneath. With all the hairy
critters here this time of
year is a fair amount of work. everyone shedding. around here we both do it
all. if a chore needs
done then either of us deal with it. men do think different than us but i
am glad I have one that
is pretty open minded about household 'stuff.
Taria

Old May 4th 11, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Don't know a lot of men who seem to think an oven ever needs cleaning.
Vacuuming up the ash is extremely logical IMO.
There must be some way you could lever up the stove, put a carpenter's
level on top, and shove a wooden shim under the crooked side. Maybe
get Mr. Smartypants to help. He must be good for something.
Roberta in D

Old May 4th 11, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I have an Aga ( you knew that) so that it the way to clean the oven.
I also use a paint scraper on the hobs and enamel, because it doesn't
scratch.

Nel
(GQ)

Old May 4th 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

For a couple of years, our microwave's door tried very hard to slam shut
and cut the hands off of anyone trying to put anything in it or get anything
out. Didn't seem to bother Mr. Esther. It bothered me Big Time.
When I'd had enough of that, I slipped my hefty yardstick beneath the
front of the m/w, prized it up just a wee little bit and put a couple of
thin shims under the right front foot. Voila and viola! That did it.
Even we 99 pound weaklings will only put up with so much and then
there's time for action. Right or wrong. Polly

"Roberta"

Old May 4th 11, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO

On May 4, 11:10*am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
[...]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA (thanks for laugh Leslie)

Cindy
Old May 5th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

wrote:
[...]

Leslie, while I admire the ingenuity of vacuuming the ash (since I
would never have thought of it) do the fee on your oven not turn to
level it? A good sized box wrench might take care of that problem -
along with that level, of course. Just a thought.

Kim in NJ
Old May 5th 11, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On May 4, 12:49*pm, "Taria" wrote:
[...]

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.- Hide quoted text -

Taria, I only pray that my DH would 'notice' what needs to be done. A
friend and I feel like we are married to the same people. It amazes
us that we can see crumbs on the counter that need to be wiped up but
they don't - among other things. Give your family a big hug & kiss
from us!

Kim in NJ

OT A Plethora of Minor Catastrophes Christina Peterson Beads 15 May 7th 08 03:38 AM
FInished minor project Sandy Quilting 36 February 15th 08 07:54 PM
Minor correction to competition. [email protected] Yarn 2 September 19th 05 08:24 AM
OT - A minor survey Sharon Harper Quilting 36 September 30th 04 01:55 AM
A minor setback Christina Peterson Beads 2 July 9th 03 05:22 AM