Where is everyone

Old May 2nd 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO

Default Where is everyone

Just checking in - I've not had any posts since the 29th...

Is it me or is everyone out and about and trying to find some nice
weather to enjoy.

Cindy from GA
Old May 2nd 11, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm here! I had a snafu with my newsgroup provider- my credit card company
froze my account when they got an out-of-the-country charge from
individual.net and I lost my newsgroup service over the weekend. I thought
it was just me not getting any messages for not paying my bill. LOL

Thanks for letting me know it wasn't that! ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in dark, dreary, rainy (AGAIN!!!) MO.

Old May 2nd 11, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

It has been almost too quiet. Makes me wonder what everyone is up to. We
did have a flurry of activity about the tragic storms in the south and
the royal wedding, but other than that . . .

So what's everyone working on? I don't have anything on my design board
(well, I don't actually have a design board, but you know what I mean),
but I'm just finishing the quilting on a quilt for a friend that is
absolutely gorgeous. She's used a multitude of batik and tone-on-tone
fabrics, and she has various embroidered flowers as the main blocks.
It's hard to describe, but hopefully I can post pictures soon.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old May 2nd 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

My strippy top is nearly assembled, just needs borders. Time to think
about quilting! and starting another one!
Roberta in D, also not getting many messages

Old May 2nd 11, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, maybe out in the garden? Maybe sitting in front of the tv watching
royals, popes and terrorists?
It is a busy time of year. I got the varigated thread for my tumbler quilt
and am stitching away on that. It is looking good but golly it is heavy.
I'm taking a break from that and the garden to sneak out for lunch with a
friend in a bit though.
Are you learning to enjoy the new to you flowers and plants in GA Cindy?
Taria

Old May 2nd 11, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I'm here, getting ready for another round of dental work at 1 p.m.
today. Yuck. But yesterday, yesterday was sublime! Gorgeous
weather ... we planted our lower yard garden yesterday. The only
missing plants are ones I have to order online. So much fun. And it
looks amazing. I'll be posting photos of it, one day this week. I'm
soooooooooo happy. We are growing good things again and beauty (and
the birds and butterflies, bees and lizards) have returned to our
garden.

Hugs,
Sunny
Old May 3rd 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I am recovering from Quilting Withdrawal Syndrome; had to shove the baby
stuff aside and make a 'real quilt'. Really. With a pattern and
everything! I've made an interesting discovery.
You know that method of doing Flying Geese where you're supposed to take
a rectangle and two squares, stitch the squares diagonally across the ends
of the rectangle and create a perfect goose? Well. That doesn't work so
well for me. Could be a math or cutting error but I don't think so; I did
both Very carefully.
The very center of the goose where she's supposed to be pointing with a
quarter-inch to spare wasn't happening. Somehow, mine were coming too close
to the edge. I've found that if I slip the side of the 2nd square just the
least bit - maybe 1/32" - is better. Much better. Didn't want any headless
geese. YMMV Polly

Old May 3rd 11, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 2 May 2011 11:40:13 -0500, Louise in Iowa wrote
(in article ):

It has been almost too quiet. Makes me wonder what everyone is up to. We
did have a flurry of activity about the tragic storms in the south and
the royal wedding, but other than that . . .

So what's everyone working on? I don't have anything on my design board
(well, I don't actually have a design board, but you know what I mean),
but I'm just finishing the quilting on a quilt for a friend that is
absolutely gorgeous. She's used a multitude of batik and tone-on-tone
fabrics, and she has various embroidered flowers as the main blocks.
It's hard to describe, but hopefully I can post pictures soon.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

I'm busy putting away my Paducah treasures and picking up the house. Then,
since Friday is my regular day off, I'm itching to get started on a new
quilt. Unfortunately, there is some mending to do first.

Maureen

Old May 3rd 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

I've subscribed to rctq for almost 15 years - have never seen so few
posts until now!

I'm getting ready to go to a quilting retreat (my very first!) that
starts this Sunday. What a great way to celebrate Mother's Day!
Getting all the fabric cut for a quilt for my great-granddaugter's
"Big Girl Bed". I hope to get most of it pieced while at the retreat.

Not sure what to expect. The quilt retreat is being held at a camp
that only serves vegetarian - no meat, no fish, no poultry. Don't
know how that's going to work with my Coumadin diet since I can't eat
big amounts of green leafy vegetables.

Donna in Idaho

Old May 3rd 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

I'm here. I'm keeping track of you gals/guys, but not quite back in
the "quilting frame of mind" yet.
ME-Judy