Pattern suggestions

Old July 15th 03, 12:21 AM
Karen

Default Pattern suggestions

Hi all,

I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea of
making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website
(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merc...65000C12E70000
140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Catego ry_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )

Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required), but
the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so I'm
not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture looks
so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.

Thx in advance for any ideas!

Old July 15th 03, 04:19 PM
Melinda

Hi all,

I recently ordered some gorgeous Karabella Gossamer mohair with the idea of
making the triangular gossamer shawl that was on the website
(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merc...65000C12E70000
140300000000&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=KK200&Categ ory_Code=KAR_GOSSAMER )

Unfortunately, I got the yarn (2 balls, which is all that was required), but
the pattern is out of stock -- I've been waitlisted for quite awhile, so I'm
not sure if / when I'll ever get it. I can't find a decent substitute
pattern. Any suggestions or substitute recommendations? The picture looks
so cool -- it doesn't look like just a plain garter stitch pattern.

Thx in advance for any ideas!

If you want a triangle pattern, just cast on three stitches and do a yarn over
the second stitch of every row - it's a garter stitch pattern - and just make
it as long as you like. And if you make it on a size 19 needle you will have
plenty of yarn and the shawl will be open and lacy.

Melinda
Solstice Moon Designs
Old July 15th 03, 06:47 PM
Stella Fenley

there is a pattern
http://www.heirloom-knitting.co.uk/o...ye_pattern.pdf
there is underline between free,birds,eye,pattern thats the reason why it
looks like space .
hope this will help.Stella

(http://65.215.192.241/Merchant2/merc...A65000C12E7000

Old July 16th 03, 07:03 AM
Allaya Diep

That Birdseye Lace is gorgeous! I was going to suggest that too! LOL

Anyway, there's a Trinity Stitch Shawl that's very pretty as well, although
it's not as holey as the the gossamer or Birdseye shawls. Here's the link
to the pattern:
http://www.cs.oswego.edu/~ebozak/kni...rns/shawl.html

and here's a link to the pictu
http://knitting.about.com/library/bltrinity.htm

There are also a couple on this website that might be nice too. I
particularly like the Creatures of the Sea shawl and the Peacock Feathers
Shawl.

http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/Shawls.html

Hope this helps!

Allaya