If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Old June 1st 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Default If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

if you live in Texas....

You'll love this!

http://www.ymb.net/cowspotting/houston/4-36.jpg

A calico cow! What else!!

--
Kate in MI

Old June 1st 08, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
steve

Hi

Every year in the winter Anchorage chooses 30 or so people that they give
fiberglass salmon to, to be decorated. They are then placed around town and
at the end of summer are auctioned off for charity. Many years there has
been one that seems to have a quilty theme to it. If memory serves me
right, something like this is done in or near the Gatlinburg area. It might
have been somewhere else but they used Bears I think.

http://www.wildsalmononparade.com/

Really fun to see.

Steven
Alaska

. ..

Old June 1st 08, 10:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen

This summer in Bath we are playing find the pig! 100 decorated pigs
are spread round the city and neighbouring area. I've not found a
patchwork one yet!

http://www.kingbladudspigs.org/

Megwen

Bath, England
Old June 1st 08, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well, Megwen, if it is an annual event, perhaps you should visit the
scupltors' workshop and bear with you a suggested patchwork pattern for
next year - like the Texan cow!
..
In message
,
Megwen writes
This summer in Bath we are playing find the pig! 100 decorated pigs
are spread round the city and neighbouring area. I've not found a
patchwork one yet!

http://www.kingbladudspigs.org/

Megwen

Bath, England

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 1st 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen

There was a lot of problems with plaaning permissions to get these
pigs out this year. I 'm not sure that it will happen again, but I'll
find a pattern and suggest it next year if they do!

Megwen
Bath, England

PS Pobably pick one of your mathematical designs!
Old June 1st 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Smile!
Thank you for the vote of confidence.
..
In message
,
Megwen writes

Old June 1st 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

steve....Are the decorated salmon already on display? I've seen
decorated horses in Saratoga Springs NY...pigs in Brandon VT as well
as rocking chairs and also in Vermont large artist's palettes a couple of
years ago.
I remember a few of those were on display at a quilt show there.
I ask because I'm going to be in Anchorage soon and would be looking
for them ! Thanks, Mary

"steve" wrote in message
mmunications...
Hi

Every year in the winter Anchorage chooses 30 or so people that they give
fiberglass salmon to, to be decorated. They are then placed around town

and
at the end of summer are auctioned off for charity. Many years there has
been one that seems to have a quilty theme to it. If memory serves me
right, something like this is done in or near the Gatlinburg area. It

might
have been somewhere else but they used Bears I think.

http://www.wildsalmononparade.com/

Really fun to see.

Steven
Alaska

. ..

Old June 1st 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Oh, I saw a few of those a couple years ago! I didn't realize it was a
changing exhibit every year. Cool.

--
Pat

Old June 1st 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

In Norfolk, Virginia, the theme is/was Mermaids. That was a few years ago
..... I don't know how many are still on display.

--
Pat
mountainaccess...

Old June 1st 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

That's Cowalico.
This is Crazy Cow-ilt:
http://houston.cowparade.com/cow/detail/839/

Many, many places have done painted cows (& other critters),
including Cow Parade, an international project:
http://www.cowparade.com/
http://houston.cowparade.com/cow/gallery

Austin put a great spin on it:
http://www.gibson.com/AustinGuitarTo...Guitars%20(2)/
10' feet tall guitars ("everything is bigger in ...") ;-

Combination: http://houston.cowparade.com/cow/detail/1051/

This takes a special needle:
http://www.gilmerwood.com/instrument_wood-maples.htm

R/Sandy

On 5/31/08 9:30 PM, in article ,
"Kate G." wrote:

if you live in Texas....

You'll love this!

http://www.ymb.net/cowspotting/houston/4-36.jpg

A calico cow! What else!!

Great Place Store to Give your love.....love....iloveu.... [email protected] Quilting 0 February 14th 08 02:49 AM
Love Love Love Making Bags! joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 8 December 4th 07 06:24 PM
love quilts Donna D. Needlework 3 June 6th 07 09:38 PM
I love this pig in the tub but i also love the purple swirls beads Vicky Beads 2 May 29th 07 11:01 PM
Love quilts, no time to sew any more... quiltlady Quilting 8 April 7th 06 02:54 AM