Sewing cats hats

Old July 3rd 03, 11:36 PM
Celia Mitschelen

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:49 -0400, "TLB"
wrote:

Here's the original site http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/mainichi
and that site translated into English.
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/21103...tprin/english/

Just look at the ears - all folded back and down.

Those are cats thinking "I'm going to have your throat out for making
me wear this"

It looked to me as though the cat/cats were one of the exotic breeds with
what is called folded ears.
All cats do not hate being dressed up. When my sister and I were about 8 and
10 years old we had a cat that we would dress in doll clothes and then push
it around the neighborhood in our doll buggy he was very patient about it
and even took a nap during the "ordeal".

I think you are stirring up a "tempest in a teapot" relax. I am an animal
lover also but I don't think the cats are being abused and the advice
recommended taking it off after a short while.

Celia

Old July 12th 03, 08:45 PM
Marilyn

Sorry to be so late in entering the discussion. I was away for a few
weeks. My friend sent me the English translation of the Japanese page
with the cat costumes about a month ago:
http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/english/#hiyoko
As other people mentioned, the cat model is a Scottish fold so its ears
are normally in the annoyed cat mode. The translated page suggests that
you put the costumes on the cats for photos and not leave them in the
costumes. Other than dignity-wise, I'm sure no cat was harmed. ;-)
Michele, I hope you will stay with the group. My friend who sent me
the link is an animal lover and wildlife rescue worker. She likes the
page too. I thought the pictures were funny as anything. I have one
cat who would tell me where to take any costume I would try to put on
her. She might even return the costume to me in shreds. I have another
cat who allows my two girls to dress her, carry her about in a doll bed,
push her in a doll carriage. She loves the attention. I'm sure you
know as well as I do that some cats like this sort of thing. Others
don't. Just like people, they have different personalities. Maybe I'll
make Midnight (tolerant cat) a fancy collar for Halloween.
This is a good group and I hope you will stay and join in. Welcome.

Marilyn