usenet news groups

Old November 18th 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline in KY

Default usenet news groups

Tonight I am having to post from Google, which I really do not like. I
have seen things mentioned in the past about good places to use. I am
willing to pay for my news if I have to just to read this group. I
have done searches for usenet on line and come up with just google and
one other, don't remember what it was, but I want to make sure I get
the best before I lay down a few dollars for it.

Suggestions please and thanks bunches,

Jacqueline in KY

Old November 18th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Hi Jacqueline
I had this problem. One of the suggestions given to me was
news.individual.net It was one of the least expensive (annual fee of 10
EUR) and seems to be handling all my needs. I signed up with them about 4 -
5 months ago. The only thing I found odd was having to sign up with
Firstgate Click & Buy to pay for it. They do not take credit cards directly
and do not deal with PayPal. Firstgate seems to be another company similar
to PayPal. I was just not familiar with it. I did sign up with them. There
have been no problems.

Good luck on your search. I didn't like posting with google either.

Marilyn
in Chinook country, Alberta

oups.com...

Old November 18th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

I've been using SuperNews for several years now. No problems whatsoever
with the service, and the tech help is prompt and reliable when you need it.
They live up to their name, and I am well satisfied. They offer several
packages, if you are just reading text messages off UseNet you won't need an
expensive one. Binary groups are another matter entirely.

NAYY

I used TeraNews for a while, but their servers go down periodically and the
tech help is caca.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Jacqueline in KY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tonight I am having to post from Google, which I really do not like. I
have seen things mentioned in the past about good places to use. I am
willing to pay for my news if I have to just to read this group. I
have done searches for usenet on line and come up with just google and
one other, don't remember what it was, but I want to make sure I get
the best before I lay down a few dollars for it.

Suggestions please and thanks bunches,

Jacqueline in KY

OT Good News & Bad News melinda Quilting 9 February 16th 06 10:54 PM
Good news, bad news Carol in TN Yarn 11 February 16th 06 06:19 AM
RCTN - Newsgroup FAQ Barbara Hass Needlework 28 September 9th 05 11:10 PM
Good news and bad news (not OT) Sandy Foster Quilting 50 March 10th 05 10:11 PM
OT - Story - The Happiest News of All Kathy N-V Beads 8 January 22nd 05 11:32 PM