Holy Cow, This group just came back to life

Old August 30th 05, 04:01 AM
Bob Weiske

Default Holy Cow, This group just came back to life

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)
Old August 30th 05, 04:11 PM
Wannabe

Bob Weiske wrote in
:

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)

2 1/2 people eh!, shrinking surely does happen in old age, it's a fact of
life.(G)

Wannabe
Old August 30th 05, 05:08 PM
Bob Officer

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:01:26 -0700, in rec.crafts.carving, Bob Weiske
wrote:

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)

Bob, Located where?

Are you 2 1/2 people willing to mentor new carvers?

Maybe we need to start listing groups here instead of a dozen of e-mail
based groups?

While the mailing groups are ok, it seems much of the same thing appears on
the lists.

--
Ak'toh'di
Old August 30th 05, 06:30 PM
Larry Jaques

wrote:

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)

2.5, eh? Oh, OUCH! Losing your entire arm to the provervial
"dull carving gouge" incident is a terrible thing.

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003
Old August 30th 05, 06:32 PM
TomL

wrote:

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)

Bob, Located where?

Are you 2 1/2 people willing to mentor new carvers?

Maybe we need to start listing groups here instead of a dozen of e-mail
based groups?

While the mailing groups are ok, it seems much of the same thing appears on
the lists.

Man, I'd REALLY like to have someone local who would take the time to
do some mentoring. I'm in Bergen County, NJ and would offer my
woodworking knowledge or a several 6 packs of your favorite fizzy
beverage in return.

TomL
Old August 30th 05, 06:40 PM
Bob Weiske

wrote:

I'm so happy to see some posting here. I thought everybody went away.
Keep it coming, people. I'm a member of a senior carving group that's
down to 2 1/2 people.g.

Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)

Bob, Located where?

Are you 2 1/2 people willing to mentor new carvers?

Maybe we need to start listing groups here instead of a dozen of e-mail
based groups?

While the mailing groups are ok, it seems much of the same thing appears on
the lists.

We meet at the Little House senior center in Menlo Park CA. Our once
thriving group has dwindled since our "mentor" bowed out after 30
years of kind help. If anyone in the area is interested please email
me for details.
Bob Weiske
(change x to b to reply)