Williamsburg stitchers

Old August 1st 03, 10:44 AM
BDS2pds

Default Williamsburg stitchers

Is there a group meeting here in this town? I would love to find one!
Old August 1st 03, 02:30 PM
PalmaG72

I usually go to Williamsburg,Va every November - don't know if we will go this
year - haven't heard -I was disappointed in one of the museums -in the village
-can't think of the name and I go there every year - this is what Seniors call
a Senior Moment - LOL ---Well, it is the where Tasha Tudor's displays
are---last year the museum store was doing inventory and not open to the
public---I was ready to scream -LOL
Old August 1st 03, 09:18 PM
Lladnit

You can stop screaming now grin. The Abby Rockefeller Folk Art Museum has
finished the inventory, thank goodness! I like to take our out-of-towners
there, and it was really disappointing to find it unavailable last year.

There's a wonderful exhibit of embroidered antique clothing at the DeWitt
Wallace Museum ... hope you can come back this Thanksgiving!

:-) Jackie

Old August 1st 03, 09:21 PM
Ruth409028

There's a Williamsburg chapter of the EGA that meets the second Tuesday of
each
month. We'd be delighted to welcome you aboard!

Jackie

Jackie, where do they meet. I found a Spinner's and Weaver's Guild and the
Williamsburg Knitting Guild, but haven't found the EGA yet. Frances
Take Jacques out before replying.
Old August 2nd 03, 12:19 AM
PalmaG72

Jackie - my daughter came back home from Family Camp Ground this weekend - she
stays there all summer -she said we will be going to Williamsburg in November -
I have a bad back and altho last year I did have a nice time as usual but was
in lot of pain -it didn't go away and I went to doctor in December - my
scoliosis worsened -anti-inflamatory medication helps but first a heating pad
and straight back chair before I take medication - I am seriously thinking of
getting a 4 wheeled walker =with a basket and seat -I don't have pain when I
push a shopping cart -----
Last year we attended King Henry's dinner theater - dinner was delicious and
the show was so funny -a risque show - we are looking forward to attend a
mystery theatre -I didn't do much stitching today - wanted to read back
editorials from the newspapers and my bathroom needed a good cleaning
Old August 2nd 03, 12:23 AM
PalmaG72

I live in Central NJ - am thinking of joining a needlework guild if I can find
one nearby ------or if I have the time - I have put my other clubs on hold this
year because of the back pain - If I didn't love counted cross stitich or have
the computer I would go bonkers being in the house ---I have been going out for
20 minute walks when the weather permits - or not too hot - I feel it may help
my back -if not at least my circulation -