County Fair results

Old June 28th 10, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default County Fair results

Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: 1st
Knitted baby booties: 1st
Knitted baby hat: 1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan
Old June 28th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

On 6/28/2010 12:03 PM, Joan E. wrote:
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: 1st
Knitted baby booties: 1st
Knitted baby hat: 1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Dance away, girlfriend! Congrats!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old June 28th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 28, 12:03*pm, "Joan E." wrote:
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. *Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! *I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: *1st
Knitted baby booties: *1st
Knitted baby hat: *1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Congratulations. No fair here and if there were
I'm not sure I'd ever enter anything.

Nancy
Old June 28th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Joan E." wrote in message
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: 1st
Knitted baby booties: 1st
Knitted baby hat: 1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Great News and congratulations to you.

I have to ask. What did the poor naked baby do without all her blankies and
hats and stuff while grandma was showing off ??? RD&H

Old June 29th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dianne Lewandowski

On 6/28/2010 11:03 AM, Joan E. wrote:
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: 1st
Knitted baby booties: 1st
Knitted baby hat: 1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Congratulations, Joan! Ya done good!

Dianne
Old June 29th 10, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jun 28, 9:03*am, "Joan E." wrote:
Well, the start of the Fair season is upon us. *Seems like my county
is always the first one to have a fair! *I entered 4 stitched pieces.
The results are as follows:

SAL counted canvas work (pink/blue/yellow version) : 1st
Knitted baby blanket: *1st
Knitted baby booties: *1st
Knitted baby hat: *1st *and* Reserve champion for the class!

Pics are in both my webshots stitchery album (search ndjoan, p. 7) and
rctnp.

I also entered some flowers, pinks, and got a 2nd place for those.

Happy dancing all the way around!

Joan

Congratulations!!!!!!!! Our County Fair isn't until July 20 to the
25th. I don't have anything to enter this year but people from our
EGA chapter will be there (in the air conditioned building)
demonstrating stitching and just "stitching in public". :-) In
between stitching, we take turns moseying around the fairgrounds and
looking at all the exhibits. I love the fact that our county is still
rural enough to have a HUGE beef auction every year and also lots of
goats, pigs, horses and horticultural displays. 4H is very popular
around here and the local stores try hard to support the kids by
buying animals at auction and then advertise that that is what they
are selling in their stores. It makes "buying local" a lot more fun
when you know or at least recognize the areas where the meat was
actually raised. :-) There is also a "technology building" but it
takes up much less space than the livestock and horticultural
exhibits. :-)
Liz from Humbug

Old June 29th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jun 28, 1:41*pm, Nancy wrote:

*No fair here and if there were I'm not sure I'd ever enter anything.

Why not? It's fun to see the competition (or lack thereof!). You
might surprise yourself. I say go for it! If there's no county fair,
is there a state fair?

Joan
Old June 29th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Thanks to everyone!

On Jun 28, 3:38*pm, "Lucille" wrote:

Great News and congratulations to you.

I have to ask. *What did the poor naked baby do without all her blankies and
hats and stuff while grandma was showing off ??? * *RD&H

Well, considering she got *5* blankets (knit, crochet, and quilt) at
her baby shower, I don't think she'll get too cold! Mine was actually
one of the lighter ones. Besides, it *is* summer (if the dang rain
would just stop!).

Joan

P.S. Now she has 6, since DD made her a fleece tied blanket!
Old June 29th 10, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Joan E." wrote in message
Thanks to everyone!

On Jun 28, 3:38 pm, "Lucille" wrote:

Great News and congratulations to you.

I have to ask. What did the poor naked baby do without all her blankies
and
hats and stuff while grandma was showing off ??? RD&H

Well, considering she got *5* blankets (knit, crochet, and quilt) at
her baby shower, I don't think she'll get too cold! Mine was actually
one of the lighter ones. Besides, it *is* summer (if the dang rain
would just stop!).

Joan

P.S. Now she has 6, since DD made her a fleece tied blanket!

Phew, I feel much better now. I was really concerned that the poor little
girl was being neglected. lol

County Fair results Fran Needlework 4 October 26th 09 05:13 PM
County fair results Joan E. Needlework 25 July 2nd 09 03:08 AM
County fair - results Wooly Yarn 5 August 29th 06 01:33 AM
County Fair results Joan E. Needlework 13 July 26th 06 04:56 PM
My county fair results Donna D. Needlework 1 August 21st 03 12:41 PM