Real Stamping Issues - Stamping Techniques

Old May 13th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Default Real Stamping Issues - Stamping Techniques

Well I am glad to see you back. I see you found your answer to the
mineral spirits. I have never thought about using the cd that way.
Thanx for the tip.

Come on you need to take those chalk pencils out and play with them,
once you use them, you will want to get rid of your pastel palettes,
just kidding. The only down fall to the chalk pencils is that you are
limited on colors, but the colors they have are wonderful.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy
and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.

On May 10, 11:22*am, Wave Jumper wrote:
It looks like I've missed some of the conversations on this group lately.
Wonder what happened that they didn't show up. *Hmmm...

Question: Do any of you know what the liquid is called that you can use with
Prisma pencils to blend them? *I've never used it but have heard it's like
turpentine but not smelly. *You color with the pencils and then brush this
liquid on top I guess.

I love my pastel palette and bought some chalk pencils last year but haven't
used them yet (have to have all the toys, don't we?). *I do lots of my cards
with markers, rubbing the markers on to a CD and then an aqua painter to
pick up the color. *I love the watercolor effect.

SAD

Old May 13th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

I have used those cd's to make little cd scrapbooks so to speak, I
don't scrap. But I learned how to last summer at a friends house and
well it was fun and you are no throwing away those cd's. But I will
have to try your technique with the markers. Thanx for the tip.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy
and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.

On May 11, 9:50*am, Wave Jumper wrote:
I'm sure lots of people saved those CD's when companies mailed them as
advertisements. *Their great for all sorts of things.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check Michael's and Jo-Ann's the next time
I get a coupon. *;-)

SAD

Old May 13th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

I too have had that problem then I discovered the gamasol. It is
similar to odorless mineral spirits and that actually helps you blend
your prisma pencils look similar to watercolor pencils. It takes
practice because I remember the first few times I have done this I
thought ARGGGHHHHHH why would anyone waste thier time with that. But
then I forced myself to practice with them and well I actually like
it. But I still get those pencil marks. I am not sure how to not get
that. Try the prisma colored pencils and gamasol. The most important
thing is that the colored pencil you use has to be waxed based. So
there are my two cents on that. Thanx for reading. Ha ha.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy
and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.

On May 12, 8:46*am, "Tom and Karen Brooks"
wrote:
I've been using the watercolor pencils, but not really able to make them
look like watercolors, they look more like pencil marks. * I don't think I'm
good at the blending part. * Then I just think, why don't I just use water
color paints?

Kare

Old May 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

Gamasol, that's what my friend called the stuff she uses when blending her
Prismacolors pencils. Another friend told me she had to go to a art store
to find it and it only comes in a huge bottle. Would they have that at
Michaels or Jo-Anns? By the way, how would I know if the pencils have wax
in them?

SAD

On 5/13/08 6:15 AM, in article
, "Roscoe2"

Old May 15th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Yup Gamasol is what all of the local stamp stores sell. It is similar
to odorless mineral spirits. Oh and a little goes a
LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG way. All prisma colored pencils are wax
based, actually I believe that you can read the ingredients on the
back of the packaging. But a good rule of thumb is Prisma is waxed
based. I personally think that they are the best for coloring. Just
my opinion though.

I am not sure if you can find the Gamasol at Micheals but I believe
you can at Jo-Anns, Hobby Lobby, and Crafts Direct. I am sure if you
go to your local stamp store that they will carry it too. Oh I also
know that you can get it from Just for Stamps online in a smaller
bottle. That is where I got mine at a local rubber stamping show. I
know that they go from show to show across the states.

I hope this helps you out.