Mothers day is over

Old July 9th 03, 10:12 PM
Wanda

Default Mothers day is over

My DS &DDI gave me a gift certificate from a new LQS for Mothers day. I
finally had time to spend it. I chose lots of I Spy fabrics. My Dr.& his DW
leave Fri. for Russia. They have adopted a 10 mo.boy &11 Mo. old girl. I
want to make each of them an I Spy quilt. The only English they have heard
was in Apr. when they were at the orphanage. I think the I Spy will help
them. They really are too young to talk much in any language. I have the
alphabet paper pieced from Carol Doaks book. I'm not trying to match an
object to each letter but wanted the alphabet an numbers from 1 to 10 in the
quilt.It feels like a fun project. Wanda from T-Town

Old July 10th 03, 01:18 AM
Marilyn

Wanda, that is so neat they are adopting 2 children at the same time. A
young family from our church adopted from Russia also, they now have 2
precious little girls, adopted one year apart. It cost them a very large
amount of money, and a long involved trip to get them, but is is so worth
it!! They are all so happy and have adapted so well. I had made each girl
a quilt, but never thought to do I Spy, I just made bright fun quilts for
each girl. Your I Spy idea is really neat.
Marilyn in Moravia.

Old July 10th 03, 01:42 AM
The Nielands

Wanda, Good luck on your quilts! My brother and his wife adopted two
children from Russia about four years ago (they were 2-1/2 and 17 months at
the time). They had very little problem adapting to English. My niece (the
older one) had more difficulty, simply because she was already talking, but
my nephew had no problem at all. Actually, it took him a while to start
talking -- I guess he just had to wait until he had something worth saying,
because he hasn't stopped since!

The idea of I Spy quilts is a great one. They'll remember playing on them
for years to come.

Louise
y.com...

Old July 10th 03, 09:35 AM
Kate Dicey

Wanda wrote:

My DS &DDI gave me a gift certificate from a new LQS for Mothers day. I
finally had time to spend it. I chose lots of I Spy fabrics. My Dr.& his DW
leave Fri. for Russia. They have adopted a 10 mo.boy &11 Mo. old girl. I
want to make each of them an I Spy quilt. The only English they have heard
was in Apr. when they were at the orphanage. I think the I Spy will help
them. They really are too young to talk much in any language. I have the
alphabet paper pieced from Carol Doaks book. I'm not trying to match an
object to each letter but wanted the alphabet an numbers from 1 to 10 in the
quilt.It feels like a fun project. Wanda from T-Town

That sounds like a wonderful project. When do we get to see pix?
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Happy Mother's Day Linda2 Beads 5 May 7th 04 10:52 PM
MiGem Mother's Day Special Discount Offer!!! MiGem Beads 0 April 25th 04 03:29 PM
Mother's Keepsake Bracelets Kimberly Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 03:40 PM
Mother's Keepsake Bracelets! Kimberly General Crafting 0 February 19th 04 01:26 PM
Anyone Else Doing "A Mother's Heart"? Threaded Needlework 1 October 5th 03 11:02 AM