A Great Book!

Old April 19th 04, 05:43 AM
Suzanne

Default A Great Book!

I'm always on the lookout for new projects, so I'm always checking out
people's sigs (where they often list WIPs) and looking at older posts
through Google. Quite a few times I saw people posting about a design
called Amid Amish Life, and it sounded really interesting. I searched
all over the net but couldn't find it listed under any designer or for
sale at any of the INSs. Finally I found a post on some message board
saying it was in a book 101 Best-Loved Designs from Cross Stitch &
Country Crafts that was on sale at Herrschner's. So I went to take a
look and found they had it for 80% off--$4.99 for a $24 book! I
couldn't resist ordering it, and now I'm really glad I did. This book
is just full projects that make my mouth water! Amid Amish Life is
beautiful, but there are lots more that I also want to do. If anyone
else is interested in the book, it's still available. I got a second
book there--2001 Cross Stitch Designs--that was the same price. It has
all kinds of neat little designs that are good for small projects like
table linens, dresser scarfs, and such. These both are really great
buys.
--
Suze

Cat hair? That's just an embellishment.

Old April 19th 04, 04:17 PM
Geri Horning

There's a stitch-a-long going on for Amid Amish Life on Yahoo, if anyone is
interested. It started in February, but everyone is at different stages
It is a fun chart to stitch, the picture shows up really fast. I bought
the book for $4.99 at Herrschner's too! I was amazed at the amount great
stuff in there!
Have fun!

news:2004041823430724084%suzette40@comcastcrossnet stitch...

Old April 19th 04, 05:05 PM
Geri Horning

That seems outrageous! If you want, I can order it for you, and send it to
you... just let me know what's the best way to do it.

Old April 20th 04, 06:19 AM
widgebe

CS and CC was one of my favorite magazines. I believe it was the first
needlework oriented magazine I subscribed to. In fact, my first EBay
experience was buying the last couple of issues I needed to complete
the whole run, from the premier issue to the last one published under
the Cross Stitch and Needlework title. I have done 3 of the annual
Christmas stockings. Almost finished with a 4th (doing the backing and
lining) and plan on doing the hardinger stocking for my little girl
this year. One of my computer goals is to scan all these issues and
put them on a DVD. Meredith publications did do a book of just the
stockings, which I have seen go on EBay for over $200.00, and I did
read someplace that there was supposed to be reprinting of that book.

Widgebe

--
Remove sillybuggers to reply!

WIP Amid Amish Life (middle panel), Lily Sampler, Berry Bear

Old April 20th 04, 04:12 PM
d frost

I was in Barnes and Noble last week perusing their clearance racks and found
a Sam Hawkins book for about $5, also a $24 book. Sam is one of my favorite
designers (along with Kooler, Silver Lining and Pam Kellogg). Needless to
say, I was thrilled.

Debbie
3 days to CATS Dallas!

"Suzanne" wrote in message
[...]

FA: Great knitting book - A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swenson Suezq Marketplace 0 November 11th 04 12:33 AM
New knot book in stock Martin Combs Knots 0 May 11th 04 04:23 AM
Stained Glass Book searobin5319 Glass 5 April 23rd 04 12:20 PM
Goldwork - any tips? Jeanine3 Needlework 24 March 4th 04 08:53 PM
BE book recommendation needed Hexe Needlework 7 December 18th 03 06:46 AM